- Broughton High School 29 East Fettes Avenue Edinburgh, EH4 1EG
- £31,584 - £47,565 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
Children, Education and Justice Services
Teacher of Computing Science
Broughton High School
Salary: £31,584 - £47,565 per year
Hours: 35 per week
We are looking for an inspirational and passionate teacher of Computing Science to join the highly experienced team within our Technologies Faculty.
Broughton High School is a popular, comprehensive school with high aspirations for its very diverse population. As a valued member of our staff, you will have enthusiasm and the ability to plan flexible programmes of learning within your subject area which meet the specific needs of all learners. You should be confident, have a passion for Computing Science and be able to demonstrate that you are an innovative practitioner.
- Understanding of the curriculum and an interest in developing Computing Science in areas such as Games Design and Cyber Security
- Interest in and concern for others (staff and students)
- Good understanding of self and interpersonal relationships
- Imagination and creativity
- Energy and a positive attitude
- Cheerful with a sense of humour
Suitably qualified tertiary lecturers with GTCS registration are welcome to apply.
Salaries will be in accordance with the Scheme of Salaries and Conditions of Service for Teaching Staff in School Education.
This post is considered Regulated Work with Vulnerable Children and/or Protected Adults, under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. Preferred candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check prior to a formal offer of employment being made by the City of Edinburgh Council.
We're committed to creating a workplace culture where all our people feel valued, included and able to be their best at work, and we recognise the benefits that a diverse workforce with different values, beliefs, experience, and backgrounds brings to us as an organisation.
Follow us on Twitter at @edincounciljobs