- Various locations within Dumfries and Galloway, Council Offices, English Street, Dumfries, DG1 2DD
- £46,257 - £49,824 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 36 hours per week
This position has expired.
Finance Officer (2)
£46,257 - £49,824
Following the approval of the Council’s 2023/24 to 2025/26 Budget, we now have an exciting opportunity for two Finance Officers to support and deliver the Council’s savings and change programme over the upcoming financial planning period.
These specific roles will be involved in assisting the Council to determine and progress financial sustainability, and meet the improved outcomes set out in the new Council Plan. This will involve working together with other Council officers to help services identify and develop ideas, ensure that there is pace of progress in the delivery of decisions and support financial sustainability.
The ideal candidates will be:-
- highly motivated, enthusiastic, committed and an effective team player and leader;
- a fully qualified Accountant (CCAB or equivalent recognised accountancy qualification);
- experienced – with a sound understanding of local government finance and accountancy regulations;
- ability to innovate, identify and progress efficiencies.
A Flexible/Hybrid working approach between home and the office will be available for these positions.
For further information please contact:
Gillian Ross, Finance & accounting Manager, on 01387 260204