- Auchinleck Leisure Centre 37 Sorn Road Auchinleck, KA18 2LY
- £12.59 - £13.25 per hour pro rata
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 18 hours per week
Job PurposeDo you have a Lifeguard Qualification?
Do you have a passion for delivering programmes that benefit local communities?
Do you want to develop yourself as a Leisure professional and further your qualifications?
We are looking for someone who is honest, engaging, takes responsibility and is accountable for service delivery.
Key Duties Include:-
* Being responsible for the safety of members of the public within a swimming pool environment.
* Plan and deliver a range of programmes and activities.
* Provide an exceptional Customer Experience.
* Carry out a range of administrative tasks. In return, we offer competitive hourly rates, exceptional employer pension contribution, generous annual leave and discounted fitness & golf memberships.
Please see the attached Job Specification which outlines all responsibilities and duties for this post.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR INTERVIEW, CANDIDATES MUST DEMONSTRATE ON THE APPLICATION THAT THEY MEET ALL ESSENTIAL CRITERIA OF THE ATTACHED JOB SPECIFICATION.
Responsibilities and Our ValuesContribute to and deliver excellent customer service, and in doing so promote and recognise the importance of people in delivering our vision and values;
• Being honest and demonstrating integrity at all times.
• Engaging and inclusive with our people, partners and stakeholders.
• Striving for continuous improvement by being ambitious and aspirational in all that we do.
• Taking responsibility and being accountable for our organisation and our service delivery.
Rate of PayRate of Pay: £12:59 - £13:25 per hour
Hours of work will be based on a 2 week work pattern averaging 18 hours per week
Please see attached work pattern for actual hours.
This is a temporary post until 31st March 2024
Additional InformationEmployment References:-
We follow the national guidance in relation to pre-employment checks namely “Safer Recruitment Through Better Recruitment”. With regards to requests for references and in line with this guidance, during your application process you should provide details of a minimum of 2 appropriate and relevant references, 1 of which should be from your current or most recent employer. It is also a requirement that the reference from your current or most recent employer is from an appropriate senior manager and it is not a reference from a former peer operating at the same level.
The duties of the post involve Regulated Work with children and/or protected adults, as specified in the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. Successful applicants for such posts will be required to become a Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme member in respect of Regulated Work with either or both of these groups as appropriate, or if they are already a Scheme member, be subject to a PVG Scheme Record Update, before any formal offer of employment can be made by East Ayrshire Leisure.
Please note:- PVG members' records are constantly updated with any new vetting information that arises. Any information that is disclosed on a PVG Scheme Record or Scheme Record Update, if relevant to the post being applied for, will be discussed with the applicant prior to any formal offer of employment being made.