- William Patrick Library 24 West High Street Kirkintilloch, G66 1AD
- £20,822.11 - £22,975.49 per year pro rata
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 19 hours per week
Please note that salary will be pro-rated for part-time hours.
East Dunbartonshire Leisure and Culture Trust are looking for an outgoing and enthusiastic person to join our Libraries team.
We aim to give excellent customer care, so you should be a good communicator and have recent experience of serving customers of all ages from across the whole community.
We use ICT to manage and deliver Libraries services so you will need to have some experience of using ICT and feel confident learning about our specific applications.
We are looking for someone with an interest and enthusiasm for books and reading, who enjoys working with people, and comfortable in solving problems. You will have excellent verbal and written skills and be confident promoting our services.
Cultural Assistants will have the opportunity to support library events such as author talks, and deliver activities such as Bookbug or Learn Digital Sessions. If you thrive on variety, and are willing to have a go at a wide range of tasks, you will find this a rewarding and enjoyable role.
Although based at both William Patrick Library in Kirkintilloch and Craighead Library in Milton of Campsie, there may be a requirement to work in other locations in East Dunbartonshire to support the wider library network as required. This role is likely to involve occasional periods of lone working.
Our service is one where your ability to be flexible and work as part of a team will make a real difference.
This is a permanent post working 19 hours per week over a two week work pattern:
Week 1 Mon - Thurs 5pm - 8pm / Sat 9am - 5pm
Week 2 Mon - Thurs 5pm - 8pm / Fri 9am - 5pm
Charter of Commitment
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.
PVG / Disclosure Scotland
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.