- Southbank House Southbank Business Park Kirkintilloch, G66 1NH
- £37,866.68 - £42,958.15 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
We are seeking a motivated and experienced individual for the Council’s GIS Co-ordinater / Gazetter. The role is responsible for leading a small team in supporting Council services through the provision of GIS, Land and Property Information Databases and technical services (IDOX suite of applications) systems and support. This includes:
- Ensuring functioning and maintained systems.
- Provision of GIS projects and Services (ESRI based), including planning and environmental mapping and analysis.
- Improving the use of IDOX suite of applications (primarily Uniform and Enterprise) for the Planning, Building Standards and Environmental Protection Services.
- Leading on Digital Planning and improving the use of the eDevelopment.Scot platform.
- Responsibility for maintaining the Corporate Address Gazetteer and street naming and numbering.
Please see the attached Role Profile for more information regarding this position. Applications are welcomed from individuals with a relevant degree and experience of one or more of the following areas - GIS, IDOX and the Corporate Address Gazetteer.
For more information regarding this post please contact, Niall Urquhart, Sustainability & Planning Policy Manager, 0797 6611781.
Charter of Commitment
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks. We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.
PVG / Disclosure Scotland
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.