- Various Locations In East Dunbartonshire, G66 1XT
- £9,900 - £14,850 per year
- Contract Type:
- Fixed Term
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
MODERN APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAMME
If you are interested in joining a Council ‘working together to achieve the best with the people of East Dunbartonshire’, getting hands on work experience and a qualification, then East Dunbartonshire Council has the ideal opportunity for you to start building your career. The programme will provide you with an opportunity to work for a Council that is committed to supporting the development of our employees. You will also find a working environment that is not only supportive and respectful, but one where ideas and personal contribution are positively encouraged.
Applications are invited from residents within East Dunbartonshire or who attend an EDC secondary school, who possess qualifications at the required level and are aged between 16 and 24 years old (or 16-29 if disabled or care experienced) in August 2023.
Modern Apprentice Health & Social Care (2 year fixed term) (2 posts)
Based with our Care at Home team as well as Day Care services you will contribute to the delivery of a high quality, care service for vulnerable individuals and older people in East Dunbartonshire.
Minimum Qualification requirements: Three qualifications at National 4 level or above (must include English).
Additional information in relation to Modern Apprenticeships and the SVQ element of the programme can be found at www.apprenticeships.scot
Further information on the Modern Apprenticeship Programme please contact Julie Lambie, Learning & Development Facilitator (Early Careers) 0141 777 3085 or email email@example.com
Closing Date 30 June 2023
Interviews will be conducted in July 2023 with successful candidates commencing their Modern Apprenticeships in August. Applicants may be considered for other MA roles.
PVG / Disclosure Scotland
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Charter of Commitment
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with
screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.