- Various Locations In East Dunbartonshire, G66 1XT
- £26,777.02 - £29,767.25 per year pro rata
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 30 hours per week
Please note salary will be pro-rated for part-time hours.
Vacancies with various hours
Salary – £12.88 - £14.33 per hour
Are you a caring, compassionate and reliable person who is interested in supporting people in the local community? Then being a Home Carer could be just the job you are looking for.
This is an extremely rewarding role where you will be proud of the difference you make!
Our Care at Home Service, provides essential care to the most vulnerable in our communities, within their own homes. Successful applicants will provide a range of services, including personal care, meal preparation and management of medication. We provide extensive training on all areas of the role.
Working hours will be across a shift pattern of Early shifts (7:30 – 1.30pm) and Late shifts (4pm to 10pm) across a 7 day period including weekends. There are posts available across different shift patterns, Teams and geographical area up to 30 hours per week.
We offer competitive rates of pay, generous annual leave and other terms and conditions.
It is desirable to hold an SVQ level 2/ SCQF level 6 qualification. East Dunbartonshire Council will seek to support and fund successful applicants in achieving an SVQ2 qualification.
Our structure offers a career pathway for promotion for those who wish to progress within Adult Social Care.
It is preferable that you hold a full Driving Licence as for posts in some Teams this is essential. Care at Home Fleet Cars are available for use during shifts.
All successful applicants will be required to register with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) within 6 months of starting employment. As part of the Local Authority pay deal you will not have to pay SSSC application or renewal fees.
PLEASE NOTE – Applicants should submit their application as soon as possible. The advert will be held open for an extended period and vacancies, which arise during this time, will be filled from this advert rolling recruitment.
For more information about the role and available posts please contact Donna Gibson Team Leader of the Care at Home Service, on 0141 578 2101.
Charter of Commitment
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with
screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.
PVG / Disclosure Scotland
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.