- Sealock House 2 Inchyra Road Grangemouth, FK3 9XB
- £36,944 - £40,243 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
We are looking for a dynamic, motivated and forward-thinking Community Education Worker to support the development and delivery of Falkirk’s Supporting Young Parents Project (FSYPP).
Funded by Scottish Government’s Parental Employment Support Fund, FSYPP seeks to support young parents on their journey to achieve their ambitions for both themselves and their families by facilitating opportunities for the development of core skills, leadership and improvements in mental health & wellbeing.
In this unique role you will work with young parents to co-design a diverse range of activities and learning opportunities to meet individual and collective needs, offering accreditation and recognising achievement as appropriate.
Your work will align with the National Youth Work Outcomes and Skills Framework, be underpinned by the principles of Holistic Family Support and contribute to Falkirk’s Child Poverty Delivery Plan.
Essentially this challenging and exciting opportunity requires someone who is passionate about making a difference and working with young adults and families towards:
- Improved life chances for people of all ages, through learning, personal development and active citizenship.
- Stronger, more resilient, supportive, influential and inclusive communities.
It is expected that you will:
- hold a degree or post graduate level qualification in community learning and development or equivalent
- Be registered or working towards membership of the Community Learning and Development Standards Council.
- Gain/ maintain PVG membership for working with children and adults.
This post is temporary until June 2024 due to service requirement.
If you are the successful candidate, you will be required to gain/maintain PVG scheme membership.
For an informal discussion please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, Community Learning & Development Operational Leader.