- North Street, GLENROTHES, KY7 5LT
- £29,245.89 - £36,547.97 per year
- Contract Type:
- Permanent & Temporary
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 36 hours per week
Not all our vacancies are advertised here. Please visit www.fife.gov.uk/jobs to view all our current vacancies. While you are on our site, why not sign up for 'Job Alerts' and we will email you when we advertise a vacancy that you may be interested in. Refer to our FAQ page if you require further guidance.
Permanent : https://ekmu.fa.em3.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX/job/12356/?utm_medium=jobshare
Temporary for up to 12 months : https://ekmu.fa.em3.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX/job/12358/?utm_medium=jobshare
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a skilled and enthusiastic individual to join our Building Standards & Public Safety Team.
We are looking for a motivated and driven individual with good values and a genuine interest in building/construction.
Protective Services element forms a wide range of statutory and advisory services designed to protect public health and consumer safety through Environmental Health, Trading Standards and Building Standards functions.
Under the leadership and direction of the Service Manager, you may have a range of responsibilities, including:
- To support all associated enforcement activity and partnership working as directed by Service Manager/Lead.
- Assisting in and be part of a Private Housing Standards or Building Standards Compliance and Public Safety Team or Operational Support Team as directed - assisting the associated Lead Officer in discharging the responsibilities of that post.
- To process, vet and inspect Building Standards applications in line with agreed risk protocols and to process and inspect licensing consultations, buildings in disrepair and grant applications as required as part of the Public Safety Team, Operational Support Team or Private Housing Standards Team.
If you meet the essential qualification criteria outlined below, we’d like to hear from you:
- Educated to HND level (Building/Housing/Construction) or SQA Advanced Certificate Level 8.
- Experience in Building Standards & Public Safety.
- Knowledge of Building Standards & Public Safety Legislation, regulations and service delivery.
For further information please contact: Scott Davidson - firstname.lastname@example.org