- North Street, GLENROTHES, KY7 5LT
- £48,373.97 - £52,897.89 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 36 hours per week
- Work From Home:
The application page will open in a new window.
Not all Fife Council job vacancies are advertised here. Please visit www.fife.gov.uk/jobs to view all our current vacancies. While you are visiting www.fife.gov.uk/jobs, why not sign up for 'Job Alerts' and we will email you when we advertise a vacancy that you may be interested in.
Refer to our FAQ page if you require further guidance.
The Communities and Neighbourhoods Service supports the delivery of:
- local people and place leadership
- integrated area community services
- community engagement and capacity building
- community planning and anti-poverty work
- community investment and voluntary sector services
- projects, programmes and community assets
- community learning and development
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Communities and Neighbourhoods Service as we look to the next ten years and how we shape our service to respond to the challenges of recovery and renewal and to deliver our Plan for Fife ambitions.
You will lead and manage a corporate team responsible for promoting community investment and community empowerment, which includes managing internal and external funding programmes, voluntary sector policy and support, equalities and diversity, and policy, programme and project support. You will ensure the delivery of a consistent, high quality and customer focused service that promotes and implements the Council’s aims and values.
You will work closely with Fife Council services, area-based colleagues, community planning partners and Fife’s vibrant voluntary sector to promote empowered communities and community-led services.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Co-ordinating internal funding, grants and monitoring;
- Managing legacy European and other funding programmes;
- Co-ordinating voluntary sector and volunteering policy, support and development;
- Co-ordinating equality and diversity work across Fife Council and the Fife Partnership in the areas of service delivery and employment;
- Managing Fife Council support for key elements of the Community Empowerment Act, including community asset transfer, subsidised leases and participation requests.
- Providing policy support for Plan for Fife delivery.
Educated to SCQF level 9 which includes a Degree or equivalent or equivalent experience
If you meet the essential criteria below, we’d like to hear from you:
- Ability to think strategically with experience of translating strategy into deliverable plans (Deliver results – See ‘How We Work Matters’ Framework)
- Ability to manage conflicting demands
- Understanding and experience of managing relevant funding and monitoring policies and processes
- Political awareness and requirements for public accountability in a public sector organisation
- Understanding of community planning and knowledge of community planning structures
- Experience of collaborative working (Work together)
- Understanding of relevant policy areas
- Ability to work effectively in a partnership context and to develop effective working relationships between partners
- Analysing problems and determining creative and practical solutions
- Proven staff management of a team
You may be required to obtain a Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme Membership or Disclosure Check for this role
We are currently shaping our future workstyles however, in light of current advice, we are introducing blended home/office working that will include office access days each week with homeworking for the remainder of your working time.
For further Information please contact: Tim Kendrick - email@example.com