- 1 Bankhead Park, Glenrothes, KY7 6GH
- £38,312.49 - £46,065.09 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 36 hours per week
This position has expired.
Not all our vacancies are advertised here, for all our current opportunities please go to www.fife.gov.uk/jobs
Are you Educated to SCQF level 10, which includes an Honours Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering or equivalent, a member of an appropriate professional body i.e. MICE/MCIHT/MIStructE and registered as a Chartered Engineer (CEng) with the Engineering Council?
In this role, you will:
- Provide professional and technical input into the development and implementation of effective and efficient flood protection, shoreline management and harbours functions.
- Contribute to the delivery of the duties as the Flooding and Coast Protection Authority under current legislation
- Manage the procurement, design and supervision of hydraulic flood studies and construction of a wide range of flooding, shoreline and harbours capital and revenue projects using in-house and external resources.
- Manage the procurement of body of water, coastal and maritime structures maintenance programmes using in house contractors and external contractors
- Assist in the development of forward design and construction programmes for all flooding, shoreline and harbours projects to achieve set budget profiles
- Review new legislation, best practice and technical standards within the flooding, shoreline and harbours function and assist in the development of responses, strategies and policy reviews to meet new legislative and technical requirements.
For Further Information Please Contact: Frances Ratcliffe - firstname.lastname@example.org