- North Street, GLENROTHES, KY7 5LT
- £29,245.89 - £36,547.97 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 36 hours per week
- Work From Home:
Not all our vacancies are advertised here. Please visit www.fife.gov.uk/jobs to view all our current vacancies. While you are on our site, why not sign up for 'Job Alerts' and we will email you when we advertise a vacancy that you may be interested in. Refer to our FAQ page if you require further guidance.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a skilled and enthusiastic individual to join our Private Housing Standards team.
We are looking for a motivated and driven individual with good values and a genuine interest in housing/building/construction.
Protective Services element forms a wide range of statutory and advisory services designed to protect public health and consumer safety through Environmental Health, Trading Standards and Building Standards functions.
Under the leadership and direction of the Service Manager, you may have a range of responsibilities, mainly within the Private Housing Standards part of the team including:
- To support all associated enforcement activity and partnership working as directed by Service Manager/Lead Officer.
- Assisting in and be part of a Private Housing Standards or Building Standards Compliance and Public Safety Team or Operational Support Team as directed - assisting the associated Lead Officer in discharging the responsibilities of that post.
- Maintaining and developing records and reports on the number of complaints and visits recorded against the Housing stock in the private sector in Fife Council.
- Provide advice, information and support to private landlords, tenants and any other relevant persons on Housing Standards.
If you meet the essential qualification criteria outlined below, we’d like to hear from you:
- Educated to HND level in a relevant subject.
- Post qualification experience in a Private Housing Standards role.
- Detailed knowledge of Housing Standards, regulations, and service delivery.
- Membership of appropriate professional body would be desirable but not essential.
We are currently shaping our future workstyles however, in light of current advice, we are introducing blended home/office working that will include office access days each week with homeworking for the remainder of your working time.
For Further Information Please Contact: Scott Davidson - email@example.com