- 38 Albion Street Glasgow, G1 1LH
- £38,276.45 - £44,382.18 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
Glasgow Life is looking for a Business Analyst to join us on a two year fixed term, full-time contract. As a Business Analyst you will join our in-demand Business Improvement team. You will be part of the Business and Strategy team within our Corporate Services, which supports all services across Glasgow Life.
More about our Corporate Services
As a Business Analyst, you will join Corporate Services. This includes Marketing and Communications, Business and Strategy, Infrastructure and Finance. HR, Retail and Procurement and Development are also part of this. These teams undertake a wide range of roles to keep Glasgow Life operating smoothly as a first-rate charity. From creating compelling messages about our work to providing insights that help shape strategies. They also oversee the operation of over 100 venues across the city, account for millions of pounds, support our staff, and bring income into the charity through our shops.
About Glasgow Life
Glasgow Life is the charity that inspires people to lead richer, more active lives through culture and sport. Simply put, we believe that everyone deserves a great Glasgow life. We do this by delivering innovative cultural and sporting programmes and events that improve the mental, physical, and economic well-being of Glasgow. Glasgow Life also creates unforgettable experiences for tourists, strengthening the city’s visitor economy. We help put on world-class events, conferences and festivals that enhance Glasgow’s international reputation. Glasgow is the first city to be named European Capital of Sport twice, and was also the first place in the UK to be named a UNESCO City of Music.
As a Business Analyst, you’ll be an integral part of the team by providing expert, strategic advice to the leadership team and service areas.
You will undertake and contribute to a wide range of work including:
• Analysing and evaluating information to provide reporting, evidence-based recommendations, and support for services to achieve organisational objectives and defined performance measures
• Acting as an agent of change, working at all levels across the organisation, influencing strategy and continuous improvement, and utilising analytical tools to review internal processes and identify opportunities for efficiencies
• Supporting the management and delivery of key projects across the organisation
The Business Analyst will report to the Senior Business Analyst, and work alongside an established team.
If you’re interested in joining us as a Business Analyst, you’ll need:
• To be educated to degree level in a business discipline, or have proven applied experience
• Experience in assisting in the development and application of performance management frameworks
• Experience in managing relationships at all levels, with internal and external partners
• Ability to prioritise workloads and timescales
• Excellent communication, analytical and motivational skills
• Can present analyses results, recommendations, and professional advice in clear and accessible formats
• Working knowledge of relevant computer software and IT packages such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
You can read the full person specification for this role under the ‘Job Attachments’ section.
Some of our roles are currently piloting hybrid working, with teams working between the office and home. Your line manager will agree these days with you. This balance enables you to continue much-needed collaborative working.
Our head office in Albion Street, Glasgow has great links to public transport and parking nearby.
The working hours are Monday to Friday, 09.00 to 17.00.
We believe in the transformational power of the programmes and events we provide for the people and visitors of Glasgow. If you would like to be a part of what we do, we’d love to hear from you.
Important Dates: Closing date 10 December 2023 and interviews are provisionally scheduled for week commencing 18 December 2023.
This post is temporary for a period up to 31st January 2026.
If offer is made to internal (Glasgow Life or Council Family) for Fixed Term roles, at the end of the temporary period, eligible employees, if agreed will have a right to return to a role at their substantive grade within the council family.
Benefits at Glasgow Life
• A holiday allowance of 30 days plus 6.5 public holidays (for full-time roles). This will rise to 35 days after 5 years
• Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme – which pays 19.3% in employer contributions
• Discounted Glasgow Club membership and money off in our museum shops and online store
• Option to buy extra annual leave
• Cycle-to-work scheme
• Flexible retirement
• Family-friendly policies
Diversity matters at Glasgow Life
We're determined to reflect the extraordinary diversity of Glasgow in our workforce. Glasgow Life is on a journey to develop a workplace that reflects the communities we serve. Where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We're a Disability Confident and Carer Positive employer and invite candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Read more about our commitment to equality and diversity on our website. https://www.glasgowlife.org.uk/the-small-print/an-inclusive-employer
Alternative Application Packs can be requested in other formats for example, Large Print, Braille, Audio and other languages. To request an alternative Application Pack please phone 0141 287 1054.
Packs will be posted out to you within 3 working days of receiving your telephone request.
Please note the closing date of the job advert to ensure that you give yourself plenty of time to complete your application form and return it to us.
For further information about working for us please refer to our website https://www.glasgowlife.org.uk/work-with-us