- Kelvingrove Art Gallery And Museum Argyle Street Glasgow, G3 8AG
- £23,689.03 - £25,555.41 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 14 hours per week
Glasgow Life is looking for a Learning Assistant to join us on a part time (14 hours per week), permanent contract based at Kelvingrove Art Gallery & Museum. As Learning Assistant you will be joining our in-demand Museums service. You will be part of a dedicated team which supports learning, access and engagement with the museum collections.
More about our Museums teams
As a Learning Assistant you’ll be joining our Glasgow Life Museums team. From The Burrell Collection to Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, our Museums are free for everyone to access. We’re committed to making sure people experience our world-class collections and have the chance to engage with our rich heritage. The cultural programmes we provide bring value to people’s lives. Read more on our website. https://www.glasgowlife.org.uk/museums
About Glasgow Life
Glasgow Life is the charity which inspires people to lead richer, more active lives through culture and sport. Simply put, we believe that everyone deserves a great Glasgow life. We do this by delivering innovative cultural and sporting programmes and events which improve the mental, physical, and economic well-being of Glasgow. Glasgow Life also creates unforgettable experiences for tourists, strengthening the city’s visitor economy. We help put on world-class events, conferences and festivals which enhance Glasgow’s international reputation. Glasgow is the first city to be named European Capital of Sport twice sport and was also the first place in the UK to be named a UNESCO City of Music.
As a Learning Assistant you’ll be an integral part of the team by delivering an exciting and varied learning programme for a range of groups and audiences. You will develop activities and deliver a programme of workshops, using the museum collections as the focus for learning and community engagement. You will assist with the development of new sessions through research into the collections, finding out about the needs of our visitors and sourcing suitable resources. You will monitor and evaluate the programme, adapting delivery accordingly. Reporting to the Assistant Museum Manager and working alongside an established learning and access team.
If you’re interested in joining us as a Learning Assistant you’ll need:
• Relevant experience of working with art, drama, social history, natural history or science and technology in an educational or community setting.
• Excellent verbal communication skills and experience of delivering learning activities or providing information to groups / members of the public.
• The ability to engage with and inspire a range of different audiences.
• Organisational and planning skills for managing your work programme, as well as managing groups and learning sessions.
• The ability to evaluate and reflect on content and delivery of programmes and adapt accordingly to best meet audience needs.
You can read the full person specification for this role under the ‘Job Attachments’ section
Kelvingrove Art Gallery & Museum has good links to public transport.
This role includes regular weekend working, every other Saturday.
We believe in the transformational power of the programmes and events we provide for the people and visitors of Glasgow. If you would like to be a part of what we do, we’d love to hear from you.
Only existing employees of Glasgow Life can apply for this vacancy.
Benefits at Glasgow Life
• A holiday allowance of 30 days plus 6.5 public holidays (for full-time roles). This will rise to 35 days after 5 years
• Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme – which pays 19.3% in employer contributions
• Discounted Glasgow Club membership and money off in our museum shops and online store
• Option to buy extra annual leave
• Cycle-to-work scheme
• Flexible retirement
• Family-friendly policies
Diversity matters at Glasgow Life
We're determined to reflect the extraordinary diversity of Glasgow in our workforce. Glasgow Life is on a journey to develop a workplace that reflects the communities we serve. Where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We're a Disability Confident and Carer Positive employer and invite candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Read more about our commitment to equality and diversity on our website. https://www.glasgowlife.org.uk/the-small-print/an-inclusive-employer
Alternative Application Packs can be requested in other formats for example, Large Print, Braille, Audio and other languages. To request an alternative Application Pack please phone 0141 287 1054.
Packs will be posted out to you within 3 working days of receiving your telephone request.
Please note the closing date of the job advert to ensure that you give yourself plenty of time to complete your application form and return it to us.
For further information about working for us please refer to our website https://www.glasgowlife.org.uk/work-with-us