- Various locations throughout the City, G4 0QW
- £21,250.43 - £30,356.14 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 0 hours per week
Glasgow Life is looking to recruit Technicians on a permanent contract working in the staff bank. As one of our Technicians (Bank) you will be joining our Technical Team across City Halls & Old Fruitmarket, Glasgow Royal Conert Hall and Kelvingrove Bandstand. You will be part of a dedicated team which supports our Arts & Music venues and events.
Our Technicians have ability to work across different levels dependant on availability and after successful training. The hourly rates range between £11.64 up to £14.55. The different level of role can be reviewed within the person specifications and role profiles attached to this vacancy.
More about our Arts and Music teams
As a Venue Technician you’ll be joining our Glasgow Life Arts & Music team. We provide people with valuable and meaningful experiences through arts and music. Our high-quality services, world-class events and festivals benefit the people of Glasgow. We help people experience the benefits of taking part in cultural programmes and events. These contribute to Glasgow's visitor economy. We make sure everyone gets the most out of Glasgow Life and use culture to promote inclusion and happiness. Read more on our website. https://www.glasgowlife.org.uk/arts-music-and-cultural-venues
About Glasgow Life
Glasgow Life is the charity which inspires people to lead richer, more active lives through culture and sport. Simply put, we believe that everyone deserves a great Glasgow life. We do this by delivering innovative cultural and sporting programmes and events which improve the mental, physical, and economic well-being of Glasgow. Glasgow Life also creates unforgettable experiences for tourists, strengthening the city’s visitor economy. We help put on world-class events, conferences and festivals which enhance Glasgow’s international reputation. Glasgow is the first city to be named European Capital of Sport twice sport and was also the first place in the UK to be named a UNESCO City of Music.
As a Technician (Bank) you’ll assist the Venue Technical teams to deliver events and performances. Reporting to the Technical Manager and working alongside an established team.
If you’re interested in joining us as a Technician you’ll need:
• Some experience of stage technical support in and arts and culture venue.
• Assist, under direction, with the setting up and taking down of complex theatre, music, conference, and exhibition events; this to include the rigging and de-rigging of lights, sound, staging, and AV equipment. Ensuring, under direction, that these complex installations are erected to agreed standards.
• Working under the supervision and direction of the technical team.
• Assist the technical team external contractors and producers, programmers and partners as required to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of Glasgow Life Events.
• Assist the technical team in interpreting and meeting customer/client service requirements.
• Assist, under supervision, with the carrying out of customer/client service requirements.
• Support the work of the technical team and take full part in the staff training and development programme.
• Assist with maintenance of all technical equipment.
• Contribute to the development of performance targets and ensure that these are met.
• Assist the technical team to ensure that tasks and projects are completed on time and to agreed standards.
• Assist in implementing security policies in the venues.
• Support and contribute to Glasgow Life internal projects, external projects, initiatives and assignments as required.
• Ability to work at heights
You can read the full person specification for this role under the ‘Job Attachments’ section.
This role is working varied/flexible hours over seven days or as dictated by the venues event diary.
We believe in the transformational power of the programmes and events we provide for the people and visitors of Glasgow. If you would like to be a part of what we do, we’d love to hear from you.
Important Dates: Closing date 29th October and interviews are provisionally scheduled for w/c 6th November.
Diversity matters at Glasgow Life
We're determined to reflect the extraordinary diversity of Glasgow in our workforce. Glasgow Life is on a journey to develop a workplace that reflects the communities we serve. Where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We're a Disability Confident and Carer Positive employer and invite candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Read more about our commitment to equality and diversity on our website. https://www.glasgowlife.org.uk/the-small-print/an-inclusive-employer
Alternative Application Packs can be requested in other formats for example, Large Print, Braille, Audio and other languages. To request an alternative Application Pack please phone 0141 287 1054.
Packs will be posted out to you within 3 working days of receiving your telephone request.
Please note the closing date of the job advert to ensure that you give yourself plenty of time to complete your application form and return it to us.
For further information about working for us please refer to our website https://www.glasgowlife.org.uk/work-with-us