- Morven House Raigmore Hospital Perth Road Inverness, IV2 3UJ
- £46,244 - £53,789 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 37.5 hours per week
Post Title: Child Protection Advisor
Location: Inverness (Dingwall for first 12 months)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: Band 7 £46,244 - £53,789 p.a.
Salary placing will normally be at the first point of the scale.
Contact Person: Nancy Healy Tel: 07775 016980
Job Purpose: An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Child Protection Advisor (Health). The post will cover mid-Ross and Lochaber (based in Dingwall) for an initial period of 12 months and thereafter base to be reviewed as service undergoes a period of transition as to how we deliver Child protection Advice & guidance.
- Providing specialist guidance, advice, support, leadership, training and supervision to health personnel in relation to the wellbeing and protection of children, young people and families, within capacity of role.
- Providing health representation and decision making at interagency referral discussion (IRD)
- Providing specialist child protection health advice to partner agencies where a child or young person is at risk of harm or neglect and represent health in processes to protect children and young people across Highland
- Delivering child protection training to personnel across Highland Council, NHS Highland and partner agencies.
- Undertaking audit and research, collecting and managing data in accordance with requirements.
- Attending MAPPA case conferences as the health representative as required.
- Applicants must be a registered health professional with experience/knowledge of child protection cases.
- Should have a degree, as the successful candidate will be required to undertake the Post graduate Certificate of Education in Child Welfare and Protection
Please APPLY ONLINE. If you are unable to apply online and you wish to request an offline application pack, please contact Business Support, T: 01955 608279 (24 hour voicemail) quoting the post reference number above.
Please find the Job Description below.
The Highland Council understands that diversity fosters creativity and innovation. We are committed to equality of opportunity, and being fair and inclusive. We welcome applications from people from all backgrounds, representative of the communities we serve and particularly encourage applications from candidates who are likely to be under-represented in our workforce.
As a disability confident employer, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum essential criteria requirements for the post.
Shortlisted applicants will normally be contacted by email, unless otherwise stated. Please check your emails regularly, including your junk/spam folder.
The postholder should be able to travel efficiently and effectively between various work locations within Highland to meet the operational requirements of the job.
Registration on appropriate parts of a Professional Register (NMC/ AHP).
Specialist Nursing qualification (Health Visitor/School Nurse) or equivalent recognised and relevant clinical qualification or extensive evidenced based relevant experience.
Child Welfare and Protection Post Graduate Certificate/ MSc.