- Blairmore Nursery Blairmore Road Greenock, PA15 3JS
- £46,165 - £48,943 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Term Time Full Time
- 37 hours per week
Head of Centre (perm/full time term time) REF: ECOD/10434
Salary: Grade 10 £46,165 - £48,943
Location: Blairmore Early Learning Centre, Greenock
Hours: 37 hours per week
Important Applicant Information:
- Inverclyde Council is an accredited Living Wage Employer paying the Living Wage Rate where required. Please click the link to `Essential Applicant Information’ below for more information.
- Please note that if you apply via this website it is important that you regularly check your emails following your application submission. All further communication regarding your application, including any invite to interview and, if relevant, details of any formal offer/contract, will be done by email.
You should ensure that your email is set up to receive emails from MYJOBSCOTLAND and Inverclyde Council, and that they are not filtered into any JUNK/SPAM folders.
- Please read the Essential Applicant Information details prior to submitting your application.
- Inverclyde Council is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce and welcomes applications from all members of the community. We encourage applicants from underrepresented groups including women, LGBT people, Black and minority ethnic people and disabled people.
- Interviews for non-teaching posts with Inverclyde Council will be based on the Councils' competency model which is reflected in our performance appraisal scheme. Details of this can be found at the link below and clicking the Performance Overview document on the left hand side:
Vetting by Disclosure Scotland
If you work in regulated work (children and/or protected adults) you will be subject to obtaining a satisfactory PVG. A small number of posts require a Standard or Basic Disclosure check and the majority of all other posts will complete a Criminal Convictions Form. All disclosure checks are obtained via Disclosure Scotland. If you are the successful candidate you will be required to pay the cost of the disclosure check required for your post.
If your post requires registration with a Regulatory Body such as HCPC or SSSC etc., you are required to obtain and maintain registration including paying any fees for HCPC. As part of the local government pay deal, local authority staff are no longer required to pay SSSC fees.
Alternative application packs can be requested in other formats for example, Large Print, Braille and Audio. To request an alternative application pack or require further assistance to attend and/or participate in an interview, please contact the HR Recruitment Team on 01475 712740 or email Human Resources at: Human.Resources@inverclyde.gov.uk.
Inverclyde Council - Best Government Services Employer in the UK 2016 – Bloomberg Business Best Employer Awards 2016
Armed Forces Personnel/Reservists
Inverclyde Council welcomes applications from former armed forces personnel / reservists. Many of the skills picked up during your military career could be transferred directly into a role with local government.
We are a Disability Confident Leader and offer a guaranteed interview to applicants who consider themselves to be disabled and who meet the essential criteria for the job.
We are happy to talk about flexible working opportunities with applicants.
Working from Home / Interim Hybrid working
We have an interim hybrid working pilot running from April/May 2022 which has a minimum 20% work location attendance if applicable. This can be discussed at interview with the recruiting manager.