- Municipal Buildings Clyde Square, PA15 1LY
- £90,887 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
- Work From Home:
Head of Organisational Development, Policy & Communications
Salary: £90,887 (subject to pay award)
Education, Communities & Organisational Development Directorate
An outstanding opportunity has arisen to lead our successful and innovative Organisational Development, Policy and Corporate Communications service.
The post has a wide ranging and exciting remit and offers the opportunity to the successful candidate to influence and shape the delivery of services to our community and to our employees. The service incorporates: Organisational Development, HR Operations, Payroll Services, Health & Safety, Policy, Performance & Partnership and Corporate Communications.
As a key member of the Council’s corporate management team, you will be responsible for leading, shaping and supporting our overall approach to people management and organisational development, including providing advice to services, the Council’s committees and members, demonstrating a commitment to genuine collegiate working.
The successful candidate should have senior management experience ideally gained within complex environments in HR, OD, Corporate Policy or Corporate Communications, be able to drive change and innovation, be an inspirational and strong leader, whilst ensuring efficient and effective services are delivered in a challenging financial environment.
For an informal discussion please contact Ruth Binks, Corporate Director, Education, Communities & Organisational Development on: 01475 712761.
For full information on this vacancy, Inverclyde Council, and the application and selection process please visit:
Closing date for applications: 04 October 2023
Important Applicant Information:
- Inverclyde Council is an accredited Living Wage Employer paying the Living Wage Rate where required. Please click the link to `Essential Applicant Information’ below for more information.
- Please note that if you apply via this website it is important that you regularly check your emails following your application submission. All further communication regarding your application, including any invite to interview and, if relevant, details of any formal offer/contract, will be done by email.
You should ensure that your email is set up to receive emails from MYJOBSCOTLAND and Inverclyde Council, and that they are not filtered into any JUNK/SPAM folders.
- Please read the Essential Applicant Information details prior to submitting your application.
- Inverclyde Council is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce and welcomes applications from all members of the community. We encourage applicants from underrepresented groups including women, LGBT people, Black and minority ethnic people and disabled people.
- Interviews for non-teaching posts with Inverclyde Council will be based on the Councils' competency model which is reflected in our performance appraisal scheme. Details of this can be found at the link below and clicking the Performance Overview document on the left hand side:
Vetting by Disclosure Scotland
If you work in regulated work (children and/or protected adults) you will be subject to obtaining a satisfactory PVG. A small number of posts require a Standard or Basic Disclosure check and the majority of all other posts will complete a Criminal Convictions Form. All disclosure checks are obtained via Disclosure Scotland. If you are the successful candidate you will be required to pay the cost of the disclosure check required for your post.
If your post requires registration with a Regulatory Body such as HCPC or SSSC etc., you are required to obtain and maintain registration including paying any fees for HCPC. As part of the local government pay deal, local authority staff are no longer required to pay SSSC fees.
Alternative application packs can be requested in other formats for example, Large Print, Braille and Audio. To request an alternative application pack or require further assistance to attend and/or participate in an interview, please contact the HR Recruitment Team on 01475 712740 or email Human Resources at: Human.Resources@inverclyde.gov.uk.
Inverclyde Council - Best Government Services Employer in the UK 2016 – Bloomberg Business Best Employer Awards 2016
Armed Forces Personnel/Reservists
Inverclyde Council welcomes applications from former armed forces personnel / reservists. Many of the skills picked up during your military career could be transferred directly into a role with local government.
We are a Disability Confident Leader and offer a guaranteed interview to applicants who consider themselves to be disabled and who meet the essential criteria for the job.
We are happy to talk about flexible working opportunities with applicants.
Working from Home / Interim Hybrid working
We have an interim hybrid working pilot running from April/May 2022 which has a minimum 20% work location attendance if applicable. This can be discussed at interview with the recruiting manager.