Content Designer (Permanent)
- Customer Service Centre , Renfrewshire House, Cotton Street., PA1 1LQ
- £38,069 - £41,755 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
This position has expired.
We are lookingfor a Content Designer to join the Digital Experience team to deliver Renfrewshire Council’s ambitious plan to transform the digital experience offered to internal and external users.
This is an exciting opportunity to bring your passion and expertise for content design and work with a talented multi-disciplinary team to shape a new digital experience that is dedicated to supporting local communities in Renfrewshire.
What our Digital Experience vision is
Our vision is to develop a successful digital experience that solves real problems and create positive experiences for our citizens, local communities, and colleagues.
To achieve this, we are adopting a mobile-first, content-first, and object-first approach for any web and mobile applications we want to build, optimise or redesign. Thefirst application we want to redesign is Renfrewshire.gov.uk. Using the GatherContent and Drupal technology, we will develop a new content model and launch abeta version of Renfrewshire.gov.uk in the second part of 2023.
You can read more about our vision and what we’ve achieved so far on The Thread, our digital experience hub.
What the role involves
As Content Designer, you will be responsible for creating, evaluating, updating, and reviewing content across web and mobile applications and ensure that it is accurate, accessible, inclusive, and reflects our Renfrewshire brand and identity.
Among other responsibilities, you will:
- develop, contribute towards, and implement content standards and processes
- develop and lead content strategies and projects
- understand users, identify who they are and what their needs are based on user research and testing
- deliver high-quality User-Centred Content Design
- build relationships and influence internal and external stakeholders
- work in a multi-disciplinary team to provide excellent content design services to stakeholders.
Expertise, skills, and qualities we’re looking for
Here are some of the main attributes we’re looking for.
- Educated to degree level in a relevant subject or equivalent level of experience of working at a similar level in content design, communications, user experience or information and knowledge management.
- A passion for User-Centered Content Design
- Understanding of user research and testing methods and practice
- Proficient at identifying content needs and developing prototypes
- Understanding of accessibility including legislation and statutory requirements to make content accessible
- Knowledge of Search Engine Optimisation and how to make content SEO-friendly
- Experience of working with content design components such as content models, types, attributes, and taxonomy
- Ability to work with content standards and/or Design systems
- Effective communication and presentation skills to talk through your content solutions and explain the rationale behind them
- Effective at influencing stakeholders – especially those not familiar with User-Centred Content Design
What benefits you can expect from us
We will consider various flexible working arrangements. Contact us if you have any questions.
You’re entitled to 20 days annual leave plus public holidays. This rises to 25 after five years’ service, 28 days after 10 years, 29 after 15 years, and 30 once you pass 20 years.
You’ll also get the opportunity to buy extra leave days.
Our flexi time system means you can work core hours and are able to adjust start, finish, and break times to suit your lifestyle or other commitments.
You'll be automatically enrolled in the Strathclyde Pension Fund.
There are lots of other benefits of working at the council, including continual learning, support for working carers, counselling, health and wellbeing support, special leave, 2 paid days leave for volunteering per year, corporate discounts on memberships, tech and other purchases, Cycle to Work Scheme, and more.
If successful, you will be required to undertake a Disclosure Scotland check, the level of check will be determined by the duties of the post. If you would like further information in relation to the Disclosure Scotland checks, please visit www.disclosurescotland.co.uk.
If you have any questions
For an informal discussion about any aspect of this post please email Philippe Fara (Digital Experience Manager) at email@example.com