- Customer Service Centre , Renfrewshire House, Cotton Street., PA1 1LQ
- £60,443 - £63,071 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
This position has expired.
This post is internal and open to employees of Renfrewshire Council only.
We are looking for a Digital Experience Manager to lead our new Digital Experience team to deliver Renfrewshire Council’s ambitious plan to transform the digital experience offered to our internal and external users.
This is an exciting opportunity to bring your skills and experience to lead and work with a talented multi-disciplinary team to shape a new digital experience that is dedicated to supporting local communities in Renfrewshire.
As one of the unique benefits of the role, we will look to sign you up to the Object-Oriented UX (OOUX) Masterclass Certification Program (subject to course availability).
Please note, both hybrid working and flexibility of location can be discussed.
What our Digital Experience vision is
Our vision is to develop a successful digital experience that solves real problems and create positive experiences for our citizens, local communities, and colleagues.
To achieve this, we are adopting a mobile-first, content-first, and object-first approach for any web and mobile applications we want to build, optimise or redesign. The first application we want to redesign is Renfrewshire.gov.uk. Using the GatherContent and Drupal technology, we will develop a new content model and launch a beta version of Renfrewshire.gov.uk in the second part of 2023.
You can read more about our vision and what we’ve achieved so far on The Thread, our digital experience hub.
What the role involves
As Digital Experience Manager, you will lead and manage the multi-disciplinary team and resources of the Digital Experience team, leading the Council’s delivery of a range of digital solutions in line with the Council Plan and Digital Strategy. You will be responsible for the overall quality of Renfrewshire.gov.uk and other web and mobile applications, ensuring that they are secure, accessible, inclusive, on brand, and providing best value for money.
You will have extensive knowledge of the digital marketplace with your experience of meeting the needs of users across a variety of digital products. You will articulate a unified enterprise digital experience infrastructure that delivers more efficient services and positive experiences for our local communities and employees and will have a strong knowledge of the content, design, and technology disciplines that form a digital experience infrastructure.
You will drive the delivery of our Digital Experience Strategy and have financial management of the overall digital experience. You will also be responsible for leading communications and engagement activity to demonstrate the benefits of the digital experience vision and programme. You will have effective interpersonal and strategic relationship management skills which will enable you to engage with senior stakeholders across the Council.
Among other responsibilities, you will:
- Provide strategic leadership and operational management for the Council’s digital experience, leading the development of a digital experience roadmap.
- Lead the development, implementation, and evaluation of business proposals and strategies that will deliver the Council’s aspirations for becoming a digital council. Ensure that organisational objectives, the needs of users, and legal requirements are being met.
- Drive a User-Centred Design culture at the Council and oversee the creation, adoption, and application of standards, processes, and guidelines across the organisation.
- Own and be responsible for the overall quality of Renfrewshire.gov.uk and other web and mobile applications, ensuring that they are secure, accessible, inclusive, and on brand.
- Build and lead a multi-disciplinary team of internal and external practitioners to drive the delivery of digital experience solutions, from competitive analysis and research to business case, discovery, conceptualisation, development, and continuous improvement.
- Lead the implementation of standards and processes relating to the creation of web and mobile applications and digital services.
- Establish and manage a digital experience service function that guide, advise, and support stakeholders across the Council with their digital needs and requests. Ensure the advice and support provided are aligned with the digital experience vision and objectives.
Expertise, skills, and qualities we’re looking for
Here are some of the key attributes we’re looking for.
- Educated to degree level or relevant professional certification combined with significant experience and skills.
- Demonstrable track record of creating and delivering visions, strategies, and business cases for digital experience solutions
- Demonstrable experience of managing the full project lifecycle of small and large-scale web and mobile applications from concept through to development and delivery.
- Experience delivering excellent customer services to internal stakeholders in a complex organisation.
- An understanding of the User-Centred Design approach with an ability to ensure digital experience solutions meet user needs and translate into coherent user journeys.
- An understanding of the variety of disciplines involved in the delivery of digital experience solutions, including content design, interaction design, performance analysis, and user research.
- Effective communication and influencing skills, both verbal and written, to interact with and influence a range of stakeholders over whom you have little or no direct authority across diverse functional areas.
- Leadership skills with ability to coach and mentor User-Centred Design and technology practitioners.
- Programme management and resource planning capability, including the ability to coordinate several work streams simultaneously and adapt to changing priorities.
What benefits you can expect from us
Here are some of the benefits you’ll have.
OOUX training course
Being object-first is key to us. This will help us simplify the complexity of our information and services and create an easier user experience that is matching people’s mental model. This will also create a common language for everyone working on our digital experience, including subject matter experts, content designers, interaction designers, and developers.
To equip you with techniques to break down information complexity and develop an effective content model that is based on objects as opposed to tasks, we will aim to sign you up to the Object-Oriented UX (OOUX) Masterclass Certification Program. This will be subject to course availability.
If you have any questions
For an informal discussion about any aspect of this post please contact Louisa Mahon (Head of Marketing and Communications) firstname.lastname@example.org
If successful, you will be required to undertake a Disclosure Scotland check, the level of check will be determined by the duties of the post. If you would like further information in relation to the Disclosure Scotland checks, please visit www.disclosurescotland.co.uk.