ICT Systems Engineer (Permanent) (x2 Posts)
- Renfrewshire House, Cotton Street, Paisley, PA1 1UJ
- £38,069 - £41,755 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
- Work From Home:
Renfrewshire is one of Scotland’s larger local authorities and we work hard to respond to the needs of our communities and deliver excellent local services. Our teams provide services to people at every stage of life—helping to make Renfrewshire a safe, welcoming, and fair place for everyone.
Join us and you’ll be working in a supportive environment where you’ll have the chance to make Renfrewshire a better place and contribute to its future. You’ll be part of our ICT Systems Team, who work within the ICT team as part of the Finance and Resources Service. Our service ambition is to ensure the smooth running of corporate Council operations, by providing services across the organisation—including HR, procurement, legal, ICT and audit & governance. Your knowledge and skills will help us continue to improve what we do and how we do it.
Renfrewshire Council’s ICT department provides support for approximately 11,000 devices and 20,000 users across both our corporate and academic environments. The ICT Systems team focuses on infrastructure and application support. This includes On-premise, IaaS and SaaS solutions and the integrations between them.
As part of the ICT Systems team you will provide 3rd level ICT support, administration and development of our ICT environment. This is a varied and exciting role, with plenty of space to grow and develop. You’ll need attention to detail , a can-do attitude and be able to work well within a team environment. You’ll need to be confident, approachable and understand the importance of maintaining high standards, have great communication and engagement skills and have an enthusiasm for learning.
You should have a relevant degree and/or be able to demonstrate significant relevant experience in this area.
You must have a confident, professional and customer focused manner to help develop good relationships with customers, colleagues and 3rdparties.
Currently we have two vacancies for an engineer post, both will require experience of the following areas:
- Practical experience of infrastructure and application technologies including implementation and support
- The ability to develop technical solutions to complex problems, both independently and as part of our team
- Differing ICT delivery models (e.g. On premise, IaaS, SaaS) and integration between them
- Windows and Linux server operating systems
- Working within an ITIL framework
One of the posts will be more involved in supporting our networking infrastructure so will require the following additional areas of expertise:
- Administration and support of LAN and WAN infrastructures (L2 & L3 networking components, dynamic routing protocols etc)
- Wireless controllers and access points
- Perimeter security (VPNs, firewalls etc)
Please see the Job Outline and Person Specification for a fuller list of what you’ll do and what we’re looking for.
As our value’s suggest we believe in opportunity for everyone. At Renfrewshire Council, we go that extra mile for our people; we offer a work supportive environment which gives you the chance to use your skills and develop new ones within a high-profile organisation. Not only that, but we also offer our colleagues several great benefits.
- a minimum of 33 days holidays, which increases with service (including public holidays), pro rata for part-time workers
- wellbeing support including a generous company sick pay scheme, carers leave, menopause support as well as an employee assistance scheme
- a generous contributory pension scheme with Strathclyde Pension Scheme
- colleague discount scheme—major and local retailer discounts available to all colleagues
- cycle to work scheme
- optional membership to a Health Cash Plan
- offer of hybrid working.
This is an exciting time to join our ICT Team. If you share our values and are ready to be part of our journey, please select the apply button. We look forward to receiving your application.
If successful, you will be required to undertake a Disclosure Scotland check, the level of check will be determined by the duties of the post. If you would like further information in relation to the Disclosure Scotland checks, please visit www.disclosurescotland.co.uk