- Customer Service Centre Renfrewshire House Cotton Street, PA1 1LQ
- £38,580 - £46,300 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the contracts and procurement team in Legal and Democratic Services at Renfrewshire Council. We are seeking a dynamic engaging and dedicated professional to become part of our legal team providing advice relative to contracts, including public/procurement contracts advice, to Council departments, Scotland Excel and council officers.
You will provide advice and support in relation to the Council's varied contracts work and provide advice and support in connection with planned and ongoing contracts work for the Council. You will be part of a successful and motivated team working in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
You must hold a current Practising Certificate, LLB and a Diploma in Legal Practice.
Recognising the importance of our people's development, this role comes with an opportunity for career progression. While the department is seeking a senior solicitor role at GR10, we would be willing to consider candidates who meet a solicitor role at GR9 criteria, but who have the potential to develop to a GR10 level at a later date.
Requirements for GR9 include:
- you must have some contact drafting experience, but there is no requirement to have a specific public contracts or procurement law experience, although a demonstrable interest in this area is desirable;
- you must be keen to learn and undertake personal development to work towards a GR9 level;
- you must be able to demonstrate effective interpersonal, report writing and communicating skills and the ability to develop effective links with clients
Requirements for GR10 include:
- you must have experience of contract law including public contract law and procurement law, and must be able to carry out a range of related tasks such as drafting and negotiating contracts and framework agreements and providing advice and support in relation to procurement and general advice work across all of the Council's functions;
- you must have an ability to work under pressure and possess a keen eye for detail;
- you must be able to motivate others (including supervising paralegals, administrative and clerical staff where necessary) and demonstrate an ability to delivery innovation in service delivery and to provide relevant in-house training;
- you must have an ability to deal with complete legal matters including a appreciation of the importance of corporate governance as an officer who will prepare and check authority reports of the Council, it's Boards and senior officers and those of Scotland Excel;
- a demonstrable understanding of how the applicable public procurement rules affect public contracts and framework agreements;
- you will be able to demonstrate involvement in such contracts and related work either in the public or private sector, and an ability to make a contribution to the successful delivery of the contracts and procurement team at Renfrewshire
If successful, you will be required to undertake a Disclosure Scotland check at a level appropriate to the duties of the post. If you would like further information in relation to the Disclosure Scotland checks, please visit www.disclosurescotland.co.uk