- Various Locations in Shetland, ZE1 000
- £33,894.92 - £35,188.46 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
The School Counsellor is responsible for delivering a safe, effective and professional school-based counselling service to children and young people aged 10 years and above in accordance with current legislation, and Council policies and procedures. There is a responsibility for the post holder to demonstrate a commitment to quality service delivery through continuous improvement for the benefit of the Service and the organisation and adherence with the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapies (BACP) Ethical Framework, CYP Competences and Good Practice Guidelines
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is I
- Salary shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £2,541 per annum
- Permanent Full Time post for 37.0 Hours per Week , 52.18 weeks per year
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- You must have a full UK Driving Licence and the ability to travel throughout Shetland at short notice and where public transport is limited
- We are happy to talk flexible working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post holder will be required to work at various schools across Shetland.
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Louise Wood - Senior Practitioner for School Counselling - Telephone 01595 745594 or email Louise.Wood@shetland.gov.uk
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.
Information about Shetland
Shetland is an archipelago in the north of the British Isles where you'll find freedom, wildlife and wild beauty, but also a rich culture and dynamic, forward-looking society. The Islands have a thriving and diverse economy full of opportunities and offer residents the ideal work/life balance. Shetland combines stunning coastal landscapes and wide open spaces with friendly, bustling island communities. Factor in Shetland's impressive modern amenities, highly regarded schools and the Islands offer a work life balance rarely found elsewhere.
Find out more about:
Living and working in Shetland: here
The Shetland Islands Council: here