- Leirna Ferry co Port Admin Building Sella Ness Sullom Voe, ZE2 9QR
- £35,885.06 - £37,278.26 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 42 hours per week
The duties and responsibilities of the Mate shall include;
- The carrying out of watchkeeping duties (as detailed in section 2.05 of the Safety Management Manual) to the requirements of the Master;
- The regular testing of critical navigational systems and stand-by systems and the recording of such tests;
- Ensuring proper stability, trim and draft conditions at all times;
- The safe loading & discharging of cargo, passengers, stores, fresh water, sewage and ballast water, ensuring appropriate capacity consistent with safe, legal and efficient operations;
- Perform Customer Care duties in respect of passenger comfort, service information and safety related information / instructions. Updating Customer Information services as required.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is H
- Salary in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £2,541 per annum (pro rata) and contracted overtime allowance
- Permanent Full Time post for 42.0 Hours per Week , 52.18 weeks per year
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- You must have the ability to travel throughout Shetland at short notice and where public transport is limited
- We are happy to talk flexible working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based on MV Leirna, Bressay
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Ragnar Riise, Route Master - firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.
Information about Shetland
Shetland is an archipelago in the north of the British Isles where you'll find freedom, wildlife and wild beauty, but also a rich culture and dynamic, forward-looking society. The Islands have a thriving and diverse economy full of opportunities and offer residents the ideal work/life balance. Shetland combines stunning coastal landscapes and wide open spaces with friendly, bustling island communities. Factor in Shetland's impressive modern amenities, highly regarded schools and the Islands offer a work life balance rarely found elsewhere.
Find out more about:
Living and working in Shetland: here
The Shetland Islands Council: here