- Gremista Lerwick, ZE1 0PX
- £27,813.34 - £28,817.28 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
The Roadworker / Plant Operator is expected to perform tasks, for which they have been suitably trained and certificated
These tasks will include but are not restricted to:
- Operating major and complex plant and equipment.
- Planning and undertaking roadworks.
- Preparing risk assessments and communicating risks and controls to everyone on site.
- Supervision of other operatives
- Assisting with winter maintenance operations.
- Ensuring the safety of the workplace and the public.
- Maintaining a good working knowledge of policies, procedures, risk assessments, COSHH and safe working practices.
- Any other duties as appropriate in connection with the delivery of a roads service.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is G
- Salary shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £2,541 per annum (pro rata)
- Permanent Full Time post for 37.0 Hours per Week , 52.18 weeks per year
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- You must have the ability to travel throughout Shetland at short notice and where public transport is limited
- We are happy to talk flexible working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Gremista, Lerwick
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Barrie Scobie, Team Leader, on 01595744134 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.
Information about Shetland
Shetland is an archipelago in the north of the British Isles where you'll find freedom, wildlife and wild beauty, but also a rich culture and dynamic, forward-looking society. The Islands have a thriving and diverse economy full of opportunities and offer residents the ideal work/life balance. Shetland combines stunning coastal landscapes and wide open spaces with friendly, bustling island communities. Factor in Shetland's impressive modern amenities, highly regarded schools and the Islands offer a work life balance rarely found elsewhere.
Find out more about:
Living and working in Shetland: here
The Shetland Islands Council: here