School Escort - Dunrossness Primary School
- Dunrossness Primary School, Dunrossness, ZE2 9JG
- £12.49 - £12.65 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 5 hours per week
This position has expired.
The main role of the Bus Escort is to undertake escort duties concerned with the operation of day centres, residential and other similar establishments, and supported employment facilities.
Escorts are responsible for the care and supervision of service users during a journey and should liaise with drivers, care staff, carers and parents to ensure that service users are as safe and comfortable as possible.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is C
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.2415 per hour
- Permanent Part Time post for 5.0 Hours per Week , 39 weeks per year
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- We are happy to talk flexible working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Dunrossness Primary School
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Lesley Simpson - Executive Manager on 01595 744024 or e-mail email@example.com
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.
Information about Shetland
Shetland is an archipelago in the north of the British Isles where you'll find freedom, wildlife and wild beauty, but also a rich culture and dynamic, forward-looking society. The Islands have a thriving and diverse economy full of opportunities and offer residents the ideal work/life balance. Shetland combines stunning coastal landscapes and wide open spaces with friendly, bustling island communities. Factor in Shetland's impressive modern amenities, highly regarded schools and the Islands offer a work life balance rarely found elsewhere.
Find out more about:
Living and working in Shetland: here
The Shetland Islands Council: here