SLA10722 - Facilities Assistant (School Crossing Patroller)
- Various Locations within East Kilbride, G75 8LG
- £11.11 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Term Time Part Time
- 10 hours per week
This position has expired.
Community and Enterprise Resources
Locations: East Kilbride
Hours: 10 hours per week - term time
We are currently recruiting for a Facilities Assistant (School Crossing) in the above locations.
Our Facilities Assistant (School Crossing) staff operate at designated crossing points throughout the authority in line with legislative requirements.
Successful candidates will be fully trained to undertake these duties and attend further training programmes, relevant to the post, as and when required.
Please Apply online
All correspondence will be via your email address registered with myjobscotland.
This post is excepted in terms of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 2003.
This post is considered Regulated Work with Children, under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007. Therefore, it is an offence to apply if you are barred from working with children.
Preferred candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to a formal offer of employment being made by South Lanarkshire Council.
Please refer to http://www.disclosurescotland.co.uk for further information about the disclosure process and best practice.
Foreign Police Check
Candidates should be able to detail any gaps in employment and provide a foreign police check where applicable for any periods living or working abroad.
Equal Opportunities and Armed Forces Community Covenant
South Lanarkshire Council is an Equal Opportunities employer and encourages applications from all members of the community. As a user of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum competency/behaviour requirements for the position.
South Lanarkshire Council is committed to providing support to members of the armed forces, veterans and their families which is set out in the Armed Forces Community Covenant. Veterans are guaranteed an interview who meet the minimum requirements for the position.
- To maintain the delivery of service in a professional manner.
- To operate a crossing at the designated point, in accordance with the Council’s guidelines in the stopping of traffic and crossing of pupils.
As an employee of South Lanarkshire Council you would also receive a wide range of benefits including:
- Enrolment in award winning local government pension scheme
- Up to 33 days annual leave
- Public holiday entitlement (up to 10 days)
- Occupational sick pay
- Family friendly policies - flexible working, including consideration of a condensed working weeks e.g 4 day working week, maternity/paternity leave, enhanced leave.
- Employee Discounts – including discounts at the cinema.
- Range of benefits to support you (Cycle to Work Scheme, Physiotherapy, Employee Assistance Program which offers practical and emotional support)