SLA11427 - Assistant Engineering Officer (Bridge Inspector)
- Council, HQ. Almada Street, Hamilton, ML3 0AA
- £15.36 - £17.88 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, motivated and committed Assistant Engineering Officer/Bridge Inspector to join our Structures team.
The successful applicant will join a team which is responsible for maintaining the Council's roads structures asset. The post will involve the inspection of bridges, culverts, underpasses and retaining walls in both rural and urban environments, the majority of which will require lone working.
In addition you will assist Engineering Officers in undertaking inspection of complex bridges and in the supervision of structural repair and maintenance operations.
You should have a sound working knowledge of the different structural forms of roads structures, be able to identify bridge defects and have an appreciation of more common bridge repair techniques.
You should be able to work under pressure to specific deadlines and directions whilst working as part of a specialist team.
Please Apply online
All correspondence will be via your email address registered with myjobscotland.
Foreign Police Check
Candidates should be able to detail any gaps in employment and provide a foreign police check where applicable for any periods living or working abroad.
Equal Opportunities and Armed Forces Community Covenant
South Lanarkshire Council is an Equal Opportunities employer and encourages applications from all members of the community. As a user of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum competency/behaviour requirements for the position.
South Lanarkshire Council is committed to providing support to members of the armed forces, veterans and their families which is set out in the Armed Forces Community Covenant. Veterans are guaranteed an interview who meet the minimum requirements for the position.
As an employee of South Lanarkshire Council you would also receive a wide range of benefits including:
- Enrolment in award winning local government pension scheme
- Up to 33 days annual leave
- Public holiday entitlement (up to 10 days)
- Occupational sick pay
- Family friendly policies - flexible working including consideration of a condensed working weeks e.g 4 day working week, maternity/paternity leave, enhanced leave.
- Employee Discounts – including discounts at the cinema.
- Range of benefits to support you (Cycle to Work Scheme, Physiotherapy, Employee Assistance Program which offers practical and emotional support)