- Council HQ Almada Street Hamilton, ML3 0AA
- £49,126.31 - £50,659.22 per year
- Contract Type:
- Fixed Term
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
We are looking for a Finance Adviser to work in our Finance Strategy team, to assist in managing the Councils revenue and capital budgets, providing regular and accurate reports on performance and expected outturn positions. A key part of the job is to provide financial advice and support to operational colleagues in Resources.
As a key member of the Finance Strategy Team, the Finance Adviser will be expected to:
- Actively contribute to the development of the Council’s annual strategic budget setting processes
- Develop and prepare Resource business plans and budgets aligned to the approved annual strategic budget
- Ensure the accurate recording and control of all financial transactions in accordance with Financial Regulations
- Contribute to continuing development of effective financial management information
- Take a lead role in successful delivering the Council’s statutory financial accounts and other key statutory returns
- Work collaboratively with Executive Directors, Heads of Service and managers and other key stakeholders, providing appropriate financial advice and guidance to support service delivery and facilitate transformational change agenda
- Manage a team of staff providing finance support services
Applicants should be a qualified accountant, or equivalent relevant experience. CCAB or equivalent, preferably with experience in local government.
Equal Opportunities and British Armed Forces Community Covenant
South Lanarkshire Council is an Equal Opportunities employer and encourages applications from all members of the community. As a user of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum competency/behaviour requirements for the position.
South Lanarkshire Council is committed to providing support to members of the British Armed Forces, veterans and their families which is set out in the British Armed Forces Community Covenant. Veterans are guaranteed an interview who meet the minimum requirements for the position.
As an employee of South Lanarkshire Council you would also receive a wide range of benefits including:
- Enrolment in award winning local government pension scheme
- Up to 33 days annual leave
- Public holiday entitlement (up to 10 days)
- Occupational sick pay
- Family friendly policies - flexible working, including consideration of a condensed working week, e.g. 4 days, maternity/paternity leave, enhanced leave.
- Employee Discounts – including discounts at the cinema.
- Range of benefits to support you (Cycle to Work Scheme, Physiotherapy, Employee Assistance Program which offers practical and emotional support)