JOB TITLE : Nursery Administrator
PAY: £17,290 (living wage)
CONTRACT: 35 hours per week
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Nursery Manager
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Providing administration support for the work of the Nursery Manager and other managers as required.
- Co-ordinate the day to day administration of Childcare First.
- Set up and maintain office systems.
- Liaise with managers to ensure administration policies and procedures are adhered to, systems are robust and transparent and the corporate style is implemented.
- Oversee and assist the Nursery Manager on ensuring that HR policies and procedures are updated and adhered to.
- Provide support and administration to manger, including HR administration.
- Ensure appropriate filing systems are in place, including ensuring the safe keep on private / legal documents.
- Gather data and information to assist the Nursery Manager with the preparation of project applications and claims, and reports for the board.
- Assist with maintaining financial records, including parental fee records.
- Maintenance of Childcare First’s inventory / asset register.
- General administration support for Childcare First managers.
- General reception duties as required, including monitoring emails, answering telephone calls, recording mail etc.
- Provide information on Childcare First services.
- Liaise with Childcare First services and other relevant agencies.
- Liaise with parents regarding fees, childcare placements and other general enquiries.
- Liaise with external finance team, dealing with invoices, purchases orders, monthly fees and parental debt.
It is the nature of the work of Childcare First that tasks and responsibilities are often unpredictable and varied. All staff are expected to work in a flexible way when occasionally tasks arise which are not specifically covered by a job description. These additional tasks will normally be to cover unforeseen circumstances of changes in work and will normally be compatible with the job holder’s regular work. If the additional duties become a regular or frequent part of the job holders duties it may be included in their job description in consultation with the member of staff.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Experience of assisting with or managing the smooth running of a busy office environment.
- Excellent communication skills when dealing with parents, suppliers and other agencies.
- Good organization skills and initiative.
- Experience of Human Resources administration.
- Ideally have, or working towards a qualification in office management and/or business management (SVQ 3 : HNC or above).
- Experience working in a nursery environment, with an understanding of NAMS system.
- Marketing and social media management.
- Knowledge on early years curriculums.
Application: Please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
Closing Date: Friday 5 November 2021 – (Interviews carried out week commencing Monday 15 November)