Technical Product Manager
- The Optima, 58 Robertson Street, G2 8DU
- £41,642 - £49,860 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
- Work From Home:
The application page will open in a new window.
We are currently seeking applications for a Technical Product Manager within the Education Scotland based in Glasgow, Livingston, Dundee or Aberdeen. These are permanent and pensionable appointments and new entrants will normally start on the minimum of the pay range. Candidates with a disability who meet the essential criteria below will be invited to the assessments.
DDaT Pay Supplement
This post attracts a £5,000 DDaT pay supplement after a 3 months DDaT competency qualifying period. Pay supplements are temporary payments designed to address recruitment and retention issues caused by market pressures and are subject to regular review.
Are you passionate about improving services and enhancing user experience? This is an exciting opportunity to join Education Scotland’s Digital Services team to provide technical product management leadership as we continue to embed the Scottish Approach to Service Design.
Education Scotland is the national improvement agency for education in Scotland. The agency is in the closing stages of its Transformation Programme which is delivering several technical platforms to ensure the smooth running of the agency and the improved digital delivery of its services. The main element of this work is a Salesforce CRM platform.
You will have a particular focus the management, maintenance, support and development of the Salesforce CRM platform within Education Scotland. This will include managing projects that create and deploy new products and functionality, in addition to management of business-as-usual platform administration processes.
You will be responsible for the business, technical and delivery aspects of projects throughout their lifecycle and will provide high-level management direction and co-ordination, with the emphasis of the role being on ensuring overall process is properly focused and controlled according to agreed goals.
You will be familiar with the back-end management of Salesforce as well their potential uses by the end user. You will lead projects, working closely with the Business Analyst and Technical teams. You will also work closely with Senior Management; policy leads and key internal & external stakeholders. You will be line managed by the Head of Corporate Digital Services.
This post has a salary range of £41,642 up to £49,860 with the expectation that all new entrants to the Scottish Government would come in on the entry level salary. There are annual increments (eligibility after probation period and thereafter meeting performance criteria) that will allow for salary to incrementally increase up to the maximum amount for that band.
· Support the delivery and iteration of digital services through effective analysis of available qualitative and quantitative user data, seeking more information where appropriate.
· Develop expertise in the personas and needs of the target service’s users and represent their interests in the delivery of the appropriate solutions.
· Establish and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure engagement with digital products and services.
· Take ownership in driving new feature development through every stage of the product life cycle and deliver incremental value.
· Evaluate feature requests, capture detailed business requirements from partners and work closely with technology staff to translate requirements into user stories for consumption by development team.
· Work with our development teams through development cycle to ensure features developed meet the desired business objectives.
· Work with areas of the business to expand the use of Salesforce within their service development roadmaps
· Collaborate with the development team to evaluate technical options, conducting build versus buy analysis.
· Identify gaps or conflicts in requirements, handle risks & UAT defects and drive toward resolution.
· Keep continually abreast of changes to user habits, preferences and behaviours across various digital platforms and their implications for successful delivery of government policy and services
· Monitor and track product feedback to help in the prioritization of development projects.
Analysis and Use of Evidence
Communication and Engagement
DDAT Technical Skill Assessment
Essential Criteria & Qualifications
1. Demonstrable experience in the role of Product Manager / Project Manager / Business Analyst or Technical Specialist delivering IT projects with a strong track record of completing quality projects on time.
2. A technical IT background and proven experience of managing supplier / stakeholder relationships across IT based projects.
3. Proven technical knowledge of Salesforce CRM, particularly around the back-end management and administration.
4. Ability to work on your own initiative and manage multiple work-streams/concurrent projects with the ability to manage internal/external resources, costs, schedules.
To apply for this post, you will need to provide the information requested below via the online application process.
You must fully complete and submit an online application via the website before the closing date using evidence based examples to demonstrate your knowledge/skills (300 words). Remember, your answers should be clear, concise and reflect what actions you undertook. You may want to use the STAR(R) approach to respond to each criterion.
For further information on this vacancy please download and review the "Further Information for Job Applicants" which you will find below.
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact email@example.com.
The Scottish Government is a diverse and inclusive workplace and we want to help you demonstrate your full potential whatever type of assessment is used. If you require any adjustments to our recruitment process, please let us know via ScottishGovernmentrecruitment@gov.scot
Important Information Regarding Interviews
In recognition of the Scottish Government's ongoing measures and guidance in its response to Covid-19 (Coronavirus), we would like to advise applicants that a decision has been taken that all interviews must be conducted in a virtual/remote setting.
In order to facilitate this new way of working, we are asking all applicants to ensure that they have a suitable space to complete the virtual interview as well as a personal device of choice with an account registered to either ‘Microsoft Teams’ or 'Webex' applications by which you can undertake the interview/assessment if selected. Should you be invited to interview, you will be told which platform the event will take place on. We are also asking you to ensure that your personal Wi-Fi/Broadband capacity will be sufficient to carry both audio and video feeds to undertake the interview. This will then ensure that there are no issues incurred during the interview.
If you experience any difficulties accessing our website or completing the online application form, please contact the resourcing team via ScottishGovernmentrecruitment@gov.scot