Playworkers - Milngavie (year-round) and Newlands (term-time)
- Colebrooke Street, G12 8HE
- £10.89 - £10.90 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 16 hours per week
This position has expired.
The Glasgow Academy is seeking to recruit two Playworkers to work in our After School Care Clubs at Milngavie and Newlands. The ideal candidates will be enthusiastic, motivational, reliable and able to work as part of an established team to create a welcoming, fun-filled environment for the children in our care.
The posts are 16 hours per week, Monday to Friday, year-round, at Milngavie and 17.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, term-time, at Newlands.
You should be a flexible, enthusiastic and imaginative professional. An Early Years/Playworker qualification will be advantageous, but not essential as training can be provided. All staff are required to register with SSSC at support worker level.
In addition, you should have:
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· A friendly and caring manner.
· Experience of working with young children.
· The ability to reflect upon, and analyse, your own practice.
· An ability to create a stimulating, experiential environment for young children.
· Well-developed organisational and administrative skills.
· A flexible approach to your work and a ‘can-do’ attitude.
· A willingness to become involved in the wider life of the school.
The appointments will be dependent upon a successful enhanced Disclosure Scotland check, completion of a confidential on-line pre-employment Medical Assessment and receipt of two satisfactory references. An Early Years/Playworker qualification will be advantageous, but not essential as training can be provided. All staff are required to register with SSSC at support worker level.
Salaries are currently under review but a competitive salary will be offered to the right candidates.
For further particulars and to download an application form please visit The Glasgow Academy Website: