- 45 Chamberlain Road, Jordanhill, Glasgow, G13 1SP
- £13,832 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 25 hours per week
This position has expired.
A temporary position is available for a janitor at Jordanhill School. The successful applicant will be required to undertake a Disclosure Scotland PVG Scheme check with employment subject to satisfactory disclosure and acceptable references.
Working Hours and Salary
Hours for this post are 25 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Working hours 4.30pm – 9.30pm.
Some seasonal adjustments are mutually agreed and made to the working pattern during the school holidays.
Salary for this post is SCP 27 £10.64 per hour (£13,832 per annum).
Job Description and Person Specification
The successful applicant will be contracted to undertake the duties in the Job Description and Person Specification available on our website and include:
* Security and key holding tasks across the school site
* Maintenance of the school estate and carrying out of minor repairs and DIY including basic electrical, plumbing, decoration and joinery tasks
* Undertake manual handling and some working at heights
* Churn management delivering packages and deliveries
* Due diligence daily/weekly/monthly checks on all aspects of the facilities
* Regular journeys in the school minibus/van to support the school operation
* Organise and supervise cleaning staff whilst on duty and in the absence of the Facilities Manager
* Undertake any necessary cleaning and grounds maintenance
* Respond to the in-house janitorial support log
An application form and the job description and person specification can be downloaded from our website.
When completed, the application form should be sent to HR Officer, Pauline Cameron by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Postal applications are also accepted and should be addressed to: Pauline Cameron, HR Officer, Jordanhill School, 45 Chamberlain Road, Glasgow, G13 1SP.
Should you wish to discuss the role, please contact Mr Hamilton, Facilities Manager by telephone on 0141 576 2500.
Closing date – Sunday 17 October 2021
Jordanhill School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo a protection of vulnerable groups disclosure check and have references taken up with previous employers.