- Location: 45 Chamberlain Road, G13 1SP
- Salary: £0.00
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 35 hours per week
This position has expired.
Teacher of Primary - Permanent, Full Time (to commence August 2019)
Jordanhill School is situated in the West End of Glasgow. It is a combined Primary and Secondary School with a total school roll of approximately 1050, aged from 5 – 18. It is a community, comprehensive school which is funded by direct grant from the Scottish Government. The School enjoys close links with neighbouring schools, both local authority and independent, and the wider educational community. Across Primary and Secondary the school received an outstanding inspection report in 2013. The Primary has a role of 462 organised into 16 classes. P1-2 classes have 22 children in each and the rest of the school has 33 pupils per class. The management team consists of the Head Teacher, Depute Head Teacher and two Principal Teachers, one with an Infant focus and one focused on the Upper Primary.
We are seeking a full time permanent primary teacher to join our team. The successful applicant will be expected to:
* Demonstrate a sound knowledge of CfE and an ability to plan the learning and teaching experiences for every child
* Have a sound understanding of the importance of assessment as an integral part of the planning evaluation and moderation cycle
* Engage in departmental development work in relation to A Curriculum for Excellence and the School Improvement Plan Priorities
* Show a profound interest in his/her professional development
* Show a commitment to extend the use of ICT in the delivery of courses and in carrying out related administrative tasks as required.
Participation in training events organised by the school is essential. Applicants should be confident in their ability to work with very able pupils and to respond to the needs of the full range of abilities found in a non-selective environment.
Applicants are required to be GTC Scotland registered and appointment is subject to a satisfactory PVG check prior to commencement in the post, satisfactory references, presentation of qualifications and confirmation of the right to work in the UK. Any offer of employment will be withdrawn if any of the above conditions are not satisfied. To apply for this vacancy please click on the 'apply now' button. An application form must be completed (cvs will not be considered or acknowledged) and return to Pauline Cameron, HR Officer email@example.com.
Deadlines for applications is close of business 29th March 2019.