Head of Lochaber Music School
- Camaghael Hostel, PH33 7NE
- £21,600 per year for 25 hours
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 25 hours per week
- Work From Home:
This position has expired.
LOCHABER MUSIC SCHOOL SCIO (SC050362)
We are looking for a new Head of Lochaber Music School to help steer our Music School into the future. We need a leader with ambition and drive to come up with a strategic plan to ensure Lochaber Music School’s continued success in the future. This is a unique role for someone with vision and a hands-on approach.
Our current Curriculum
The Music Director will be expected to uphold and develop the charitable purposes of the Music School. The following classes and activities should continue to play an essential part in Music School’s weekly curriculum:
· A series of weekly age-differentiated classes to introduce children from 6 months to 9 years to music making.
· Individual lessons in violin, viola, cello, clarsach, voice and piano.
· Weekly orchestral experience for junior and senior string pupils.
· Classes in musical theory and general musicianship.
· Weekly Choral training.
· Weekly Traditional Music group.
· Develop opportunities for chamber groups i.e. string trios and quartets.
Musical Performance Opportunities
· Deliver regular performing opportunities for pupils such as Christmas and Summer Concerts, Lochaber Music Festival and the National Mod.
· Organise workshops involving visiting professional musicians (i.e. chamber quartets etc.)
· Organise special fundraising events (i.e. lectures, recitals)
Management and planning
· Work with the SCIO Board to agree an annual operational plan for Lochaber Music School.
· Work with the SCIO Board to agree an annual budget.
· Develop a plan to maximise and diversify funding streams.
· Liaise with existing funders such as Highland Council and comply with all report requirements as set out in the funding agreements.
· Liaise with the Chair of the Music School Board regarding the agenda of Board meetings and give a progress report at each meeting.
· Keep the Head Teacher of Lochaber High School and Lochaber High Schools Music Department updated on Music School activities.
· Raise the profile of Lochaber Music School in the local area through building relationships with local councillors etc.
· Communicate with the local media regarding forthcoming concerts and initiatives to raise the profile of Lochaber Music School.
Music Centre Administration
· Organising the timetable of all instrumental/singing lessons as well as group activities such as ensemble, orchestral, choral, musicianship, theory/aural classes and traditional music group.
· Keeping all records up to date to allow for the administrative team to produce accurate invoices and payroll functions.
· Provide effective communication with students and parents, ensuring all information is GDPR compliant.
· Updating LMS social media platforms
· Liase with the nominated child protection officer to ensure LMS adheres to national standards.
The Head is present at Music School in Fort William on Tuesdays but otherwise works from home.
Please contact email@example.com for more information or visit https://www.lochabermusicschool.co.uk/page-2/