St Andrews Botanic Garden Trust
St Andrews Botanic Garden wishes to appoint a capable, organised and effective person who is able to lead all outward-facing aspects of Trust’s charitable work and commercial activities. The Development Manager will be the Cost Centre Manager for a core section of the Trust’s budget, and as such, responsible for leading the Guest Experience and Education teams and the development of new commercial opportunities for the Trust.
The post holder will:
- Be required to work under the direction of the Executive Director and alongside the Curator, within a developing and changing environment where limited clear precedent exists. Successful applicants will thrive in this context, seeing it as an opportunity to achieve significant impact and introduce procedures appropriate to a small team.
- Be resilient and adaptable, able to thrive in a fast-changing working environment, flexible with regards to roles as growth occurs, and able to be creative to find and implement solutions to new challenges and opportunities.
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills, and an ability to work as part of a team and with people at all levels.
- Have administrative and budget management experience, a successful track record of developing and delivering corporate partnerships, experience of leading teams, external communication and running activities.
- Be able to prioritise effectively, organise meticulously and provide a friendly and positive welcome to visitors. They will have a high level of computer literacy and technological awareness together with a methodical approach to work.
- Understand the importance of confidentiality regarding internal Trust activity and HR matters.