- 10 Main Street, Plains, Airdrie, ML6 7JE
- £21,500 - £24,000 per year doe
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
St Philip’s School is excited to announce the recruitment of an HR Assistant to join our HR Team on a permanent.
The working hours for this role are Monday - Friday 9am-4.30pm, 35 hours per week.
St Philip’s School is a school care accommodation provider based in Plains, Airdrie which is a short walk from public transport links and has free onsite parking.
As an HR Assistant, you will be responsible for providing first line HR advice to colleagues across the business, supporting the Head of HR with tasks and projects, escalating complex issues and supporting with HR investigations.
· Assist with all HR administration, including taking notes during meetings and typing up outcome letters.
· Answering first line HR queries
· Advising on HR matters where appropriate.
· Escalating complex HR issues to the Head of HR
· Controlling the recruitment process with managers
· Assisting with the induction process for all new staff members
· Administering the induction process and exit interviews.
· Liaising with payroll on queries.
· Updating absence records and filing absence paperwork.
· Overview of daily, weekly and monthly Health & Safety checks alongside maintenance team
· Ensuring compliance with legislation and promoting a good H&S culture
· Working with our external 3rd party H&S auditors on best practice
· Maintain employee records and ensure accuracy of employee data in our computer systems.
· Provide general administrative support to the HR department, including answering phones, responding to emails, and maintaining HR files.
· Experience working in a HR Assistant position or equivalent (desirable)
· Excellent problem-solving skills
· Flexible and adaptable with a "can do" attitude
· Business Administration/HR qualification or equivalent (desirable)
· Knowledge of employment law and related legislation
· Strong organisational and time-management skills
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Office.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Driving license is essential to travel between organisation’s sites.
Staff benefits include:
· Generous Annual Leave entitlement.
· On site fitness suite, gym hall and swimming pool access.
· Free on-site parking.
· Free meal on shift.
· Access to a wide range of Training and Development Opportunities.
Pre-Employment Medical Questionnaires will be undertaken prior to confirmation of employment. All convictions whether spent or unspent must be declared. These posts are regulated work with Children under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. The successful candidate will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check. Where an individual has spent a continuous period of 3 months or more out with the UK in the last 5 years, an Overseas Criminal Record Check will be required. You will be required to provide this check. A confirmed offer of employment and commencement in the post will be subject to the outcome of both these pre-employment checks being deemed satisfactory.
Application packs are available by contacting the Administration team at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01236 765 407.
If you would like further information on this role please call 01236 765 407 and ask for Claire Menzies.