Scottish Ambulance Service
All our rewards and benefits are available to all employees of the Service at all levels.
Providing security and support
- Final salary pension scheme; Long term financial security is important to all of us and as on joining us you are eligible to participate in our final salary scheme.
- Life assurance; In addition to your pension, and in the event of your death whilst in service your nominated person will receive twice your basic annual salary.
- Injury benefits; The Injury Benefits Scheme covers all NHS staff, and gives you and your dependants financial reassurance that in the event of you are unable to earn as much as a result of a work related injury or disease.
- Employee counselling; This is a confidential and independent counselling service who are able to help with a variety of personal and work related issues.
- Occupational Health; Creating and maintaining a healthy workforce is important to us and our partners provide a confidential service to help and support staff to maintain a fit and healthy lifestyle.
- Fast track physiotherapy service; Staff can choose to be referred to an independent physiotherapy service who are able to provide expert advice and assistance to staff
- Employee Awards; Our values are important to us and we recognise this through our annual recognition awards
- Long service awards; we believe that loyalty and service should be recognised and as such we make a number of awards staff based on length of service and.
- Generous leave entitlement; The time we spend away from work is important to help us do better at work. On joining us, as well as eight days public holidays, you will benefit from 27 days annual holiday, rising to 29 after five years and then to 33 after 10 years.
Making your money go further
- Childcare Vouchers; To help you make the most of your salary, we also offer a tax efficient childcare vouchers scheme which enables you to make savings every month on your childcare costs.
- NHS discounts; As a member of the NHS, you and your family and friends will have access to NHS discounts.com which gives access to over a wide range of shopping, leisure and holiday discounts.
- Cycle to work – The Cycle to Work scheme allows you receive tax efficient savings off the purchase of a new bike, saving you up to 40%.