Scottish Fire and Rescue Service
Working For the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service
A career in the SFRS is wide and varied. As well as excellent learning and development opportunities, working with us you can expect:
- A wide variety of Operational and Support roles
- A rewarding career
- A competitive salary
- A final salary pension scheme / excellent contributory pension scheme
- Excellent training and career progression opportunities
- Generous leave entitlement that increases with service
- Flexible Working arrangements
- Personalised range of employee benefits available to you and your family too
Working for the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service is a rewarding experience. Whilst we offer a very competitive salary and benefits package, excellent training, development and opportunities to progress your career, many of the people who work for us say that the biggest benefit they get, is the job itself - playing your own part in an organisation that saves lives.
We also believe in nurturing talent and developing future leaders, and for that we need people with the determination and enthusiasm to succeed. As a member of our staff you will be encouraged to follow a Personal Development Plan to progress your career against recognised goals.
Training requirements are different for each role, but we take an all-round approach to your learning and development, so you will know that whatever job you take on, you will always have the skills to do it - and to do it well. For more information on working with us, please visit the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service