- Caledonia Housing Association, Suit2 4, Saltire House, Whitefriars Crescent, PH2 0PA
- £19,838 - £23,617 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
- Work From Home:
Job Reference: MAY20232697
Job Title: Development Graduate Apprentice
Location: Perth / Hybrid (The role involves travel across the operating area)
Hours: 35 hours per week, Monday - Friday
Salary range: £19,838 - £23,617
Closing Date: Sunday 18th June (Midnight)
Interview Date: w/c 19th June
- Do you have a keen interest in Project Management?
- Are you seeking to launch a rewarding career in an organisation committed to making a difference, while gaining a fully funded BSc (Hons) degree?
- Do you enjoy finding clever, practical solutions as well as learning new skills?
Caledonia Housing Association- Housing Association of the Year award and Social Housing Developer of the Year 2021 - operates across 8 local authorities; tackling inequality and housing needs across the Highlands, Tayside, Perthshire and Dunbartonshire.
Our vision is to provide “Homes and Services that make life better”. Within the development team, this means making a difference by providing quality affordable and energy efficient homes, placing our customers’ needs at the heart of everything we do.
Tell me more about the role?
Caledonia Housing Association is excited to offer the position of Development Graduate Apprentice to a candidate who is passionate about a career in project management and has a strong interest in procurement and finance, and also construction law.
Reporting directly to the Development Manager, you will work as part of our dedicated Development team, assisting with the procurement and delivery of the Group’s property development, regeneration and maintenance programmes, ensuring that there is a systematic and accountable approach that will achieve the most cost-effective solution whilst maintaining the quality of our assets and services.
You will support the Group’s new build and regeneration programmes on site and help ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget. As part of the role you will be building and maintaining strong, positive relationships with key stakeholders and other departments directly affected by the works carried out by the team.
What will I learn?
This is an exciting opportunity to simultaneously begin your career with a leading provider of quality affordable housing, earn a salary, and gain a fully funded BSc (Hons) degree in Construction and the Built Environment from the Herriot Watt University.
Initially you will complete 1 day per week at University and 4 days per week of workplace learning. What you do in work will also count towards your degree where you will gain vital industry experience.
A workplace mentor will be assigned to you to support you throughout your apprenticeship, however our whole team will be happy to help and support wherever they can.
What qualification or qualities are required?
You’ll have a head start in this vacancy if you’ve completed a Foundation Apprenticeship in a related field. We’ll need you to provide evidence of your qualification and show you gained the relevant skills from your placement. Any of the following will be considered for entry to the programme.
- SQA Highers at AAAB or equivalent or
- A-Levels at ABC or BBB; or
- Foundation Apprenticeship in Construction in conjunction with SQA Highers at AAB (Mathematics desirable but not essential).
Applicants with non-standard qualifications including SVQs/NVQs and access programmes will be considered on an individual basis
Applicants with work experience and/or professional qualifications can be considered through Recognition of Prior Learning. This is the process for recognising learning that has its source in experience and/or previous formal, non-formal and learning contexts.
Where there is no evidence of competency in mathematics either in a formal or informal context, candidates will be required to undertake a short test. This can be administered by the University or the Graduate Apprentice employer.
Applicants must also be:
- Living and working in Scotland
- At least 16 years old
- Have a full UK Driving Licence and access to own vehicle
As a Caledonia employee you will enjoy a fantastic range of benefits including:
- Ongoing investment in your personal development with access to internal and external training qualifications
- Annual Leave entitlement starting at 36 days per year pro rata (increases with length of service)
- Promotion of work-life balance and a flexi-time system
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Health benefit of up to £300 per year which includes a gym membership, fitness equipment or health insurance
- Wellbeing services offering support and confidential advice when you most need it including counselling and in-house mental health first aiders
- Rewarding Volunteering opportunities
Come and join us!
Please click on the ‘Apply’ link or visit the ‘Join Us’ section of our website www.caledoniaha.co.uk.
A registered charity no: SC013988. Caledonia strives to be an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.