- Affiliated to Rachel House, Kinross, KY13 8FX
- £30,230 - £36,710 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 37.5 hours per week
- Work From Home:
Experienced Staff Nurse
CHAS at Home – Kinross Base
£30, 230.95 - £36,710.66 + 10% shift allowance (pro rata)
37.5 hours per week (3 x 12.5 hour shifts)
Full Time and Part Time available
‘When Louise took my hand, I knew I would never be alone. The care my son received and the support we had as a family at the toughest time imaginable in our lives was truly a life-line’ – Family member
Are you an experienced, motivated and enthusiastic nurse; passionate about providing family centred, compassionate care? Are you keen to use your experience to support children with life limiting conditions to provide specialist palliative care our children and families?
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you! We currently have an opening for an experienced nurse to join our amazing CHAS at Home Team.
As an experienced nurse you will be supported with an induction to palliative and end of life care, exploring areas such as advanced communication, symptom management, pain management and development of advanced clinical skills such as PN, PD and ventilation.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a senior staff nurse to join our existing CHAS at Home team. The team are based in Kinross although work in the families homes providing the highest level of family centred care to support the needs of babies, children and young people with life shortening conditions and their families.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide a high standard of palliative nursing care to children and young people who have life-shortening conditions, through assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of care plans, ensuring that the care provision is adapted to meet the complex needs of the individual
- Provide nursing care at end of life and bereavement support including last office procedures, for the child, young person and their family, with support as required
- As necessary, provide care for the child, young person and their family in a variety of settings, ensuring the care plan meets the needs of the individual
- Collaborate and liaise with a range of professionals to meet the needs of the child, young person and their family taking opportunities to promote and raise awareness of the services provided by CHAS
- Maintain and accurately updates all written and electronic records in accordance with appropriate legislation and organisational standards.
Working with CHAS provides a unique opportunity to support children and families to make the most of their precious time together; as a team, we make extraordinary things happen every day.
Some of the benefits you can expect to receive from working with CHAS:
- The opportunity to pay into an existing NHS scheme or membership of local government pension scheme
- 12 shifts per month in contrast to 13 shifts in NHS for full-time employees
- Salary increment scale similar to NHS
- Enhanced pay for unsocial hours and overtime
- Pay matched to closest current increment with NHS
- Generous annual leave entitlement (matched to current length of service with NHS)
- Ability to provide 1:1 nursing care in a more relaxed and homely environment
- Opportunities for further learning and development
- Access to a range of tools to support wellbeing
- The opportunity to work within a multi-disciplinary team which includes volunteers
- Meals provided for clinical staff (including coffee and cake!)
- Free on-site parking.
Please find a full list of benefits attached.
If this sounds like you and you would like to be a key part in keeping the joy alive, we would love you to apply! You can read more information about the role in the attached job description.
If you would like an informal and confidential discussion about the role please email our Senior Charge Nurse firstname.lastname@example.org.
We expect interviews to take place week commencing 24th October.