|Closes:||Sunday, 27th August 2017|
|Published:||Friday, 28th July 2017|
|Location:||102 West Port|
|Rate:||£8.45 per hour|
|Hours:||37.00 hours per week|
|Contract Type:||Fixed Term|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Organisation:||CIPFA, the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy|
CIPFA, the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy, is the professional body for people in public finance. We champion high performance in public services by translating our experience and insight into clear advice and practical services. Globally, CIPFA leads the way in global public finance by standing up for sound public financial management and good governance.
You will be placed at :-
Who are Scotland’s public sector auditor and independent of Government. They employ around 280 talented professionals who know that their work helps ensure the efficient and effective delivery of public services across Scotland.
We are looking for talented trainees to help us continue their hard work. We are offering a one year placement during which time you would complete the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) level 4 qualification alongside your work. At the end of the placement, there will be the possibility of joining the Audit Scotland graduate scheme.
The role involves:-
- Undertaking a range of audit duties for Audit Scotland, as directed by Audit Scotland staff.
- Maintaining the highest standard of quality at all times, dealing courteously with partners, employers, staff and trainees.
- Complying with CIPFA’s Health and Safety Policy and all relevant Health and Safety requirements on Audit Scotland’s sites and/or their client sites.
- Undertaking any other reasonable duties as may be agreed.
You will have :-
- Achieved or are expected to achieve a B+ or above in English and Maths - Higher Grade by summer 2017 (any job offer would be conditional on achieving the required results)
- Good communication and interpersonal skill
- Self awareness and confidence to work using initiative
- Ability to think laterally and creative
- Disciplined and organised with good project management skills
Successful candidates will be subject to a basic CRB check as part of Audit Scotland’s standard pre-employment screening process.
The start date for this role will be October 2017.
For any enquiries please contact Dina Khatib at CIPFA on 02075435766.