Eden Project is an educational charity and social enterprise. Our global mission is to create a movement that builds relationships between people and the natural world to demonstrate the power of working together for the benefit of all living things.
Eden Project Communities
“The future is ours to invent. Let’s create a world we want to live in.”
We have a vision of a world full of happier and healthier communities where people know one another and neighbourhoods thrive.
To tackle the greatest issues facing humanity, we need strong and resilient communities, yet societies are becoming increasingly fragmented. Based on the belief that we are better equipped to tackle challenges when we face them together we are building social capital for our collective future.
Our work with communities helps us give people a sense of agency so that everyone can get involved and feel like they belong in their community, wherever they live.
Our Guiding principles
- Create opportunities for people to share more, connect with others, and have fun.
- Support and encourage people to get involved where they live.
- Build greater empathy between people and communities.
- Celebrate the human and the everyday.
- Champion inclusivity and celebrate diversity.
- Make The Big Lunch a national shared moment that unites us, our neighbourhoods and communities.