- Elgin Youth Development Group, Francis Place, Elgin, , IV30 1LQ
- £20,000 - £23,000 per year
- Contract Type:
- Fixed Term
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 37.5 hours per week
- Work From Home:
This position has expired.
Elgin Youth Development Group is looking for a creative and hard-working individual to join our award-winning team. We are looking for someone who has experience and is passionate about working with young people of secondary school age.
As part of our team you will develop, plan and co-ordinate a range of programmes and activities that provide opportunities for young people of secondary school age to socialise, access opportunities and develop their skills and confidence. You will help create a safe and positive environment where young people are actively involved in shaping what we do and how we deliver it.
You will be joining a dynamic youth team in a creative environment where new ideas, new ways of working and supporting young people are actively encouraged. You will be able to demonstrate initiative, flexibility and adaptability and above all a passion for working with and supporting young people.
- To develop, plan & deliver a wide range of programmes, activities and group work sessions.
- To support & be a resource for young people, listening & advising them on issues that they face, encouraging them to make positive choices.
- To maintain and develop links with partner organisations working with young people.
- To support the management team in the general administration, running and operation of the youth cafe.
1. To develop, plan & deliver a wide range of programmes, activities and group work sessions.
1.1 As part of a team organise engaging and relevant activities for young people.
1.2 Involve our young people in the planning of our programmes and activities.
1.3 Organise activities, events, workshops and discussions with external providers.
1.4 Support young people gain accreditation for their learning through the delivery of youth awards including Hi5, Dynamic Youth and Youth Achievement Awards.
1.5 Support young people during activities, ensure their health and wellbeing during sessions.
1.6 Provide session plans for all activities in advance, carry out risk assessments as appropriate and ensure consent forms are completed on time.
1.7 Ensure evaluations are carried out for all activities as required, and ensure reports are completed measuring progress against agreed outcomes.
2. To support & be a resource for young people, listening and advising them on issues that they face, encouraging them to make positive choices.
2.1 Run group work or one-to-one sessions with young people to help them identify their needs and acquire the confidence, skills and the resources to meet them.
2.2 Listen to young people when they have issues to discuss and advise them appropriately. This may include referring the young person to the agency most able to meet their needs.
2.3 Work with the youth team to ensure a consistent approach to boundaries, guidelines and discipline issues.
2.4 To participate in Child Planning and Multi-Agency meetings as required.
3. To maintain & develop links with partner organisations working with young people.
3.1 To encourage partner organisations to make use of our social enterprise including our coffee shop.
3.2 Attending meetings, forums, conferences and seminars as well as networking with appropriate agencies and supporting agency events.
3.3 In consultation with the Youth Team Manager, undertake outreach and detached working with partner organisations.
4. To support the management team in the general administration, running and operation of the youth cafe.
4.1 Assist the Youth Team Manager in producing reports for Directors and Funders.
4.2 Prepare and support Special Events, eg the AGM, Youth and Volunteer Awards and Open Days.
4.3 Support the planning, organisation and delivery of other EYDG activities as required. This will include, but not be limited to marketing and promoting project facilities, supporting Café and Inkwell hires and fundraising events.
- MUST have experience working with young people.
- Has the ability to create engaging activities for young people.
- Is able to inspire confidence in young people.
- Able to work evenings and weekends.
The Elgin Youth Development Group is committed to equal opportunity employment, whereby employee and applicants for employment will be given equal opportunity in recruitment and training irrespective of age, race, colour, marital status, political belief or disability.
Please email your CV and a covering letter outlining why you are suitable for the role to Jackie McRae (email@example.com). Closing date for applications is 20th February 2022.