- 79 Coplaw Street, G42 7JG
- EVH GRADE 9 (Spinal points PA17-19) (£66,271 - £69,048 per annum)
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
This position has expired.
Govanhill Housing Association owns and manages over 2,800 properties in the Govanhill and Merrylee areas. It also provides factoring services to a further 1,500 owners and commercial properties.
We are based in a vibrant area on the south side of Glasgow where people continue to settle from all over the world. At last count there were around 58 community languages spoken in the area. This is reflected in the mix of shops and community facilities throughout the neighbourhood.
Following a recent retirement we are seeking a Head of Tenancy Services to join and be an active member of our Senior Management Team and to lead our Tenancy Services Department. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person to impact upon the wider business and community. It is an opportunity to lead a multi-disciplined team in a dynamic and vibrant environment working closely with other Departments, our Community Development Team, and other external partners, to deliver the best service we can to our customers.
You will be a self-motivated and confident leader with a proven track record in delivering results displaying sound judgement, having strong analytical skills and creative and innovative thinking.
Your exceptional people skills will make you a visible and motivational leader who gets the most from others. You will lead a department of 30 staff and oversee the delivery of excellent tenancy services including tenancy management, welfare benefits, rent arrears support and community participation.
You will hold leadership responsibility for service delivery, excellence in customer service, performance management and improvement across tenancy services and will also be the lead officer for the development and delivery of our equalities policies and action plan and delivering a human rights approach to our work.
This role requires an accomplished leader who can demonstrate the following:-
· Strong leadership and motivational skills to guide their teams to achieve high performance targets
· A desire to provide the best customer service, with significant experience of customer service delivery
· Ability to identify and scope strategic projects and develop and implement service improvement plans
· Strong IT skills to maximise efficiency in working practices and communications
· Experience in developing new initiatives, strategy, policy and processes, and presenting to a wide variety of internal and external audiences
· A multitasker who works well under pressure in a very busy environment and who copes well with managing and delivering on competing priorities
· Possession of a degree level qualification and/or significant RSL experience at management level is essential; a management qualification and/or CIH membership
As an employee of Govanhill Housing Association, you will also receive a wide range of benefits including:
· Enrolment in SHAPS Defined Contribution Pension scheme with an employer contribution of 10% of salary
· 25 days annual leave
· 15 days public holiday
· Occupational sick pay
· Family friendly policies such as generous flexi time, flexible working and leave, maternity/ paternity leave
· Employee Assistant Programme to provide practical and personal support when required
A Standard Disclosure Scotland check will be undertaken and the relevant right to work checks required by the UK Government completed.
If you share our commitment and would enjoy working within the diverse community of Govanhill, you can find further information in our Application Pack which can be obtained from our website www.govanhillha.org or contact:
GOVANHILL HOUSING ASSOCIATION, 79 Coplaw Street, Glasgow G42 7JG
Telephone: 0141- 636 3626 Email: email@example.com
Closing Date: Monday 4th October 2021 at 10 a.m.
Interview Date: Wednesday 20th & Thursday 21st October
(to be held on virtual platform)
EVH conditions of service will apply.
Govanhill Housing Association is committed to Equality of Opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community