- Bootle, L20 7HS
- £40,788 - £46,783 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
Engagement & Regulatory Policy Professional in Local Authority and Safety Unit
East Midlands (England), East of England, North East England, North West England, Scotland, South East England, South West England, Wales, West Midlands (England), Yorkshire and the Humber (with occasional travel and overnight stays)
The Health and Safety Executive is Britain’s national regulator for workplace health and safety. We’re dedicated to protecting people and places, ensuring everyone can lead safer and healthier lives at work.
Our Local Authority Team (LAT) is responsible for co-ordinating and delivering our strategic objectives concerning the co-regulatory partnership between HSE and local authorities.Our Local Authority and Safety Unit (LASU) supports the co-regulatory partnership between HSE and local authorities, providing guidance, promoting compliance and ensuring effective communications.
We are now looking for an Engagement & Regulatory Policy Professional to join our LAT on a permanent, full-time basis.
- Salary of £40,788 - £46,783 per annum
- 25 days’ annual leave, plus bank holidays and Civil Service privilege leave
- Civil Service pension with an average employer contribution of 27.1%
- Flexible working options
- Family-friendly policies and working hours
- Competitive parental leave benefits
- Carer-friendly policies to help create a supportive working culture
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- Excess Fares Allowance
This is an exceptional opportunity for a high-calibre regulatory professional with experience of managing regulatory service delivery and a confident leadership style to join our vital organisation.
Playing a critical role in shaping the vital co-regulatory partnership between local authorities and HSE, you’ll drive our mission to create a safer and healthier working world, where everyone can thrive and lead fulfilling lives at work.
What’s more, you’ll discover a whole host of fantastic benefits to support every aspect of your personal and professional wellbeing, from flexible working policies to a range of tailored learning and development opportunities.
As our Engagement & Regulatory Policy Professional, you will review and develop the critical co-regulatory partnership between local authorities and HSE.
Leading a varied portfolio of work, you’ll work as part of a leadership team to adapt and develop regulatory standards, enabling the design of interventions which have a measurable impact on reducing work-related ill health.
Acting as the operational lead, you’ll support HSE and Local Authority (LA) inspectors with complex decision-making processes regarding the application and interpretation of the Enforcing Authority Regulations.
Additionally, you’ll also lead on responses to our contribution to the Retained EU Law (REUL) Act in relation to the regulations within your policy area. You will promptly respond to central government commissions and producing legislative reform work where necessary.
To be considered as an Engagement & Regulatory Policy Professional, you will need:
- Experience of working in a regulatory environment and understanding regulatory practice
- Experience of managing regulatory service delivery
- Confident leadership and management skills
- The ability to manage reputational risks
- The ability to support priority setting and influence others inside and outside of the organisation
- The capability to plan, support and evaluate operational interventions and enforcement
- The willingness to undertake travel and occasional overnight stays
- A full, valid driving licence
The closing date for this role is the 11th of December 2023.
Other organisations may call this role Policy Advisor, Policy & Regulatory Advisor, Health, Safety, and Environment Advisor, Regulatory Advisor, Implementation Policy Advisor, or UK Government Affairs and Policy Advisor.
Webrecruit and Health and Safety Executive are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you want to step into a varied and rewarding role as an Engagement & Regulatory Policy Professional, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.