Associate Director - Finance Operations 134532
- 1 South Gyle Crescent, EH12 9EB
- £75,711 - £81,426 per year
- Contract Type:
- Fixed Term
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 37.5 hours per week
- Work From Home:
This position has expired.
This post is an 18 Month Fixed Term / Secondment position
About the Organisation:
National Services Scotland (NSS) is a national NHS Board operating right at the heart of NHSScotland providing invaluable support and advice at a strategic and operational level. NSS supports customers to deliver their services more efficiently and effectively and we offer shared services on a national scale using best-in-class systems and standards. Our priority is always the same – to improve the health and well-being of the people of Scotland. We do this by working in partnership with colleagues across Health and Social Care to deliver fit for purpose solutions and systems, delivering high quality services that help our stakeholders to free up resources so they can be re-invested into essential services.
An exciting secondment opportunity has arisen, which will provide the successful applicant with an opportunity to shine in their first finance leadership role.
You will lead the Finance Operations service in NSS which provides transaction processing, financial accounting and governance and BI and analytical services to a number of national boards as a shared service.
Directly responsible and fully accountable to the Director of Finance, the post holder will position NSS as a trusted partner and centre of expertise in all aspects of finance which could be delivered as a shared service and provide leadership:
• in successful delivery of a digital first operational financial service to a range of customers with a focus on productivity and operational excellence.
• for the provision of effective financial governance systems and processes; that demonstrate due diligence, probity, accuracy and integrity in financial accounting and reporting.
• in the development and expansion of the scope of customer focussed services provided to NSS and other NHS Scotland Health Boards as required.
• In the development of BI, Analytics, Financial systems controls and data management recognising the value of a single version of the truth on which to base business decisions, collected once and used many times, which is trusted, and drawn from all datasets, not just financial information.
Location and Working Pattern:
Flexible Location – Hybrid working practices in place
Monday to Friday 37.5 hours per week
It is a condition of this employment that you must live and remain a resident within the UK for the post in which you will be employed with NSS.
Our benefits package includes pension scheme, comprehensive range of work life balance policies, occupational health services, learning resource centres and discounted leisure, financial and shopping benefits
For an informal discussion on the post, please contact Carolyn Low on 07920191644
Closing date for completed applications is the 10th April 2023
Further information on NSS is available from: www.nhsnss.org
Please note that the majority of correspondence is sent by e-mail only, so please check your e-mail regularly (including junk folders).
NHS National Services Scotland is an equal opportunities employer and as committed participant in the disability confident scheme, guarantees to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for our vacancies