- Hanborough Business Park, Long Hanborough, OX29 8SJ
- £26,233 - £34,118 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 40 week per week
This position has expired.
Founded in 1944, NSF International is committed to protecting and improving human health and the environment on a global scale. NSF International is an independent organization that facilitates standards development, product certification, testing, auditing, education and risk management for public health and the environment. Manufacturers, regulators and consumers alike look to NSF International for the development of public health standards and certification that help protect the world’s food, water, health and consumer products.
Widely recognized for its scientific and technical expertise in the health and environmental sciences, NSF International is a Pan American Health Organization/World Health Organization Collaborating Center on Food Safety, Water Quality and Indoor Environment. NSF operates more than 320,000 square feet of state-of-the-art laboratory space and serves companies in more than 173 countries worldwide. Its 2,500 plus staff includes microbiologists, toxicologists, chemists, engineers, and environmental and public health professionals.
To further ensure and grow our department of Retail Services, we are currently looking for an Auditor to join our Retail Team.
In this role, you provide audit services to include Food Safety, Health & Safety, Fire Safety audits, coaching & training.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES/RESPONSIBILITES (WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING)
As Auditor Retail, you will report to the Team Manager of Retail Services and your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- To undertake food, health & safety, Fire Safety, other related areas audits/coaching/training at client’s sites
- Ensure all work is undertaken to a high level of quality and consistency
- To undertake productivity targets as specified by the Team Manager
- To undertake work in the evening, weekend and unsociable hours as required
- To clearly communicate to the client, to ensure their ongoing enthusiasm and commitment to the audit program
- Establish and maintain effective communication with administration and client management teams to ensure the smooth running of the audit programs
- Effectively organise your own diary to ensure all specific client deadlines are met, accommodating last minute requests as necessary
- Undertake one off project work for clients or NSF where required
- Deliver food and health & safety training courses as required
- Deliver training/coaching/advisory sessions at the client’s team meetings
- Attend and contribute to team meetings
- To provide back-up cover for the Advisory Services, to include out of hours cover
- To assist the Team Manager with the training of new members of the team
- To assist the Team Manager in the undertaking of duties as required in the UK/Europe Retail Integrity Programme
- Where necessary assist Account Managers with: the promotion and continuation of a contract; preparation of statistical reports; technical support activities and undertake account management duties where required
- Where necessary assist Team Managers with: provision of interim management cover when the need arises due to absence
- Provide Emergency Call Out support for clients as requested by Team Managers
- Perform other duties as requested
YOUR PROFILE/(THE CANDIDATE WE ARE LOOKING FOR):
- Bachelors degree in environmental health, food science, food technology, or other related scientific area of study OR EHORB
- Minimum Level 4 Health & Safety and Level 4 Food Safety qualification
- Ability to perform audits in all disciplines (Food, H&S, Fire) and/or the ability to train safety advisors
- Ability to work independently from Edinburgh
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Willingness to work some evenings and weekends
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
WHAT NSF OFFERS YOU
If working in an environment that promotes creativity, thought leadership, close collaboration and importantly mitigates risk to human health, then NSF can offer you the chance to make a difference. With its commitment to diversity and gender equality, let NSF help you to build your career aspirations in a multi-cultural setting where everyone’s voice is heard.
At NSF International you will experience a flat hierarchy and highly cooperative management style and personnel work in an open, appreciative and family oriented company culture.
Apply now! Reach out to us by sending your CV and motivation letter in English. Looking forward to talking to you soon!
For more information on what NSF can offer you, please watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0l5_OszUbIg