- PKAVS, The Gateway, North Methven Street, PH1 5PP
- £53,581 per annum
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
- Work From Home:
The application page will open in a new window.
PKAVS is a leading charity in Perth & Kinross, improving wellbeing and empowering communities through diverse services in the areas of Carers, Mental Wellbeing, Minority Communities, Third Sector support and Volunteering. Every year PKAVS enhances the lives of over 5,000 local people, helping them to overcome barriers and achieve their goals. PKAVS is also the Third Sector Interface for Perth & Kinross, supporting and developing the Third Sector and enhancing the Sector’s role in Community Planning.
Chief Executive Officer Role
A local charity in Perth is seeking to recruit a Chief Executive Officer to lead the organisation through the next stage of its strategic development. As an established and dynamic charity, we have fifty years’ experience of service across a variety of areas. It is essential that we continue to deliver our core services to the highest standards whilst increasing our profile, developing our income streams, and realising our strategic vision.
The successful candidate will be a creative, inspiring, and self-motivated individual who can provide vision, deliver results, and act as an ambassador for the values of both the organisation and the voluntary sector more widely. They will be a strong and effective communicator with a proven record of leadership, strategic development, and the delivery of an organisation’s goals and objectives.
- To realise the strategic vision and provide leadership to the operation and development of PKAVS within the direction set by the Board of Directors.
- To ensure that the charitable purposes of PKAVS are followed and that it delivers charitable benefit.
- To take overall operational responsibility for PKAVS’ management and administration within the governance and accountability frameworks established by the Board of Directors.
- To work with the Chairperson and other office bearers to enable the Board of Directors to fulfil their legal and moral duties and other responsibilities associated with the proper governance of PKAVS.
- To lead the Senior Management Team and support them in achieving their strategic and operational objectives.
- To ensure that the organisation fulfils its obligations as the single interface to the Third Sector in Perth and Kinross and ensure that it meets its objectives in that function.
- To oversee the development and delivery of services to both individuals and the voluntary sector in Perth and Kinross through effective management of our service delivery hubs.
- To ensure that services continue to reflect the needs of service users within Perth and Kinross, and that users are engaged, consulted, and involved in service development.
- To ensure that appropriate monitoring and evaluation procedures are in place across the organisation, and to comply with recognised quality assurance standards.
For further information, please refer to the Job Description. If you would like to discuss the role in more detail, please contact our chairperson, Archie MacLellan, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Offers will be made subject to satisfactory references, PVG check, and eligibility to work in the UK. Please note CVs will not be accepted.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 31st August 2022.
Interview date: To be confirmed. Interviews expected to take place between 15th and 23rd of September.