- Royal Zoological Society for Scotland, 134 Corstorphine Road, EH12 6TS
- £26,610 - £30,592 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
To provide comprehensive, health and safety advice and support to ensure compliance with relevant legislation including the development on a range of duties and coordination of the day-to-day operations of the health and safety function in support of the Royal Zoological Society of Scotland’s (RZSS’s) vision and mission.
This is permanent role based at Edinburgh Zoo, but working across both sites which also covers Highland Wildlife Park.
Some of the things you’ll do:
- Assisting site management with Health and Safety related issues.
- Conduct regular inspections of the zoo facilities, identifying potential hazards and take appropriate actions to eliminate or mitigate risks.
- Design, develop and implement safety protocols, policies, and procedures (including updating current documents), ensuring they align with industry best practices and legal requirements.
- Investigate accidents, incidents, and near misses, documenting findings and implementing corrective actions to prevent future occurrences.
- Prepare incident reports and relevant documents.
- Maintain COSHH assessments and action as necessary.
What we’re looking for:
- Educated to Degree level in relevant subject or equivalent level of experience in a similar role.
- NEBOSH general certificate or equivalent qualification.
- Strong technical and operational knowledge of an array of Health and Safety activities from a generalist perspective (e.g., health, safety, occupational safety, construction awareness).
What you’ll get in return:
- Starting salary between £26,610 - £27,354 (offer based on experience) with future salary progression up to £30,592 per annum
- 37.5hr working week (may require some weekend working)
- 34 days annual leave (pro rata)
- Discount in both retail/catering
- Access to a healthcare plan
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), that provide 24-hour counselling and support, including health, legal, finance, wellbeing and family advice, plus up to 8 face to face sessions for all members.
- Employer contributory pension scheme
- You will receive a staff membership which will give you (and family/friends) free (and discounted) entry to both the Highland Wildlife Park and Edinburgh Zoo as well as a number of other Zoo’s across the UK.
Please note that shortlisting of applications and interviews for this position will take place while the advert is live.
The advert will close once a successful candidate has been found.
Interested candidates are therefore encouraged to submit applications, as soon as possible.